Monday 9 November 2015

Gravy Head

A sleep that was good and only disrupted by Huffles strange breathing noises! I dreamt the other night that I was playing baseball and at the end of my bowling (probably called pitching really) the coach said "I guess you haven't done that before". Well that told me! Last nights dream was about the boys piano teacher coming round and bringing with her the smallest piano I have ever seen. I really struggled to get my fat sausage fingers on the keys. I'm a failure at baseball and piano!!!

We had a frost overnight and everything was white this morning, thankfully just frost though and not snow! Despite the frost though, the boys still went to school without coats. Fair enough, it ended up being a beautiful day full of sunshine.

Late morning I popped to the wooded area beyond our garden and cut some red dogwood stems for NoCustards outside pots and then met her in the forest and we walked the longest trail. It took us about 80 minutes. We used to be able to do this in an hour but we must be out of practice. It was gorgeous as usual and very calming. She gave me a bag of Apple Rings which are delicious and I was very grateful because I was starving after I shopped straight from the walk.

Huffle and I had lunch, put away the shopping and then I prepared dinner whilst catching up with Downton Abbey.

The boys piano lesson was postponed until tomorrow due to an emergency meeting for the teacher, so they practiced anyway, plus the Tuba, did homework and played on the Wii. Their chore today was to set the table and clear it all away afterwards. Good boys.

Huffle finished painting the landing. It looks lovely and clean and bright. Before it was 'Canada Grey' and now it is sparkling white. We decided we would call it 'Venetion White' if anyone asked because there are so many whites out there in paint world and we can't tell the difference. So we just bought plain old white to go with the plain old white stairway and the plain old white basement. We like it.

After dinner the boys had a fight. I'm not sure who won but it all started because Small tried to put gravy on Huffles head..............

 

No comments: