Wednesday 18 November 2015

Huffles name is Derek

During the night I woke up at 2am with a splitting headache that made me feel very sick. I had to go and get some pain killers (and I'm not a huge pain killer taking type person). I did get back to sleep but I woke up with a dull headache which hurt for the rest of the day when I bent my head, almost as if my brain was too big for my head. Well it could happen I suppose! Small also woke at 5am feeling nauseous and couldn't get back to sleep. He was fine by the time he went off to school. Strange! Couldn't have been anything we ate because we had jacket potatoes and salad!

This morning I went to Aerobics and found my head was no better upside down or sideways. I enjoyed it though and judging by the many squats and lunges, I will ache tomorrow. On the way home I took back the Tuba and was told by the Secretary that Small would be doing a solo just for me on the night of the Christmas Concert to thank me for my unending picking up and delivering of said tuba. (Now that would be embarrassing for both of us). I filled my car with petrol and booked my car in for my Winter Tyres to be put on next week. (Hopefully they can look at my flat tyre and my squeaky brakes too).

I had a shower, washed, dried and styled my hair (oooooh its so easy now, anyone could do it) and had a quick lunch with Huffle. We watched a bit more of Jekyll and Hyde (wow that's a weird drama) and then I went off to Pottery.

This week was our last week making. We made square boxes. Mine is supposed to be a herb container, or sugar or (maybe I'll wait to see how it turns out). It had an oversized lid and a rustic spoon and the whole thing is organic looking (that's code but not very square). I enjoyed making it but am sad that it's over. Also the teacher is going off for a year's sabbatical which is a shame.

I came home, made dinner and checked over homework. Tonight Huffle and I had homework and we had to mark one of Smallest's pieces of work. Actually it was quite interesting, bearing in mind we had a 'rubric' to follow.

This evening I took the boys to basketball and left Huffle soaking in a hot bath. There is only one more session left after tonight. The boys have thoroughly enjoyed it and have learned a lot.

 

This time four years ago today, we were homeless. We had moved out of our forever-never-would-have-thought-we-could-afford-a-house-in-the-country house. Our furniture was in a big storage container and had left the Village for pastures (well rough seas) new. As far as I can remember, Huffle and Small stayed at Grandmas and Smallest and I stayed at Moo's. We all had a big party at Grandmas.

 

No comments: