Wednesday 4 November 2015

That'll be the flu jab then!

Huffle and I slept better last night so that's good.

It was another unseasonably warm day with temperatures reaching 19*. Tee-shirts and shoes, nice.

Smallest went to school on the bus and I took Small to the hospital for his last X-Ray and appointment. We got there early, were honked at by an impatient woman in the car park and seen in X-Ray fairly quickly. Normally when the person does the X-Ray, they give nothing away but today they said 'good' and then something else but Small couldn't understand him. We then went to see the doctor who gave him the all clear and said we could throw the cast away HURRAH! She said he should be careful as it was only newly healed but it's been seven weeks so I think it should be fine by now. Though I did not take him to basketball later as I probably would have been wincing and scared for him.

Today was the cheapest car park fee we paid, meaning we weren't there long at all (apart from the time I took him to the hospital on the wrong day, then it cost nothing). I took him back to school and came home and put some washing on, stripped a bed and swept and mopped the kitchen. While I waited for the floor to dry I FaceTimed Moo and Grandma. We had a good long chat, updated them on Small's finger and then Huffle and I had some lunch.

This afternoon I went off for my third pottery session. Today we made a Yarn Bowl which is something I have been wanting to make for ages. It was the hardest thing we have made so far. We had the choice of making a yarn bowl or a berry bowl. The yarn bowl has a slit for the wool to go through and a couple of holes for the needles and is supposed to protect your wool from being on the floor. The berry bowl had holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. I really liked this too so hopefully I can make this one another time. Next week we are making a Brie Dish.

This is upside down so the cut part doesn't bend out. The sun was so bright in there too, it was hard to get a good photo.
I also made a small soap dish out of the scrap I had left. It was a bit rushed be probably too small.

I got home just before the kids and made a start on dinner - Leek and Potato soup and Carrot and Tomato Soup. They didn't have homework (well Smallest did but he forgot his homework book so he will have to do it tomorrow) so they practised piano and did a chore each. Smallest cleaned the toilets but couldn't open the toilet cleaner and seemed to put far too much in the bowl. Small had to make his bed from scratch (because I washed his bedding). He couldn't find a sheet that fit his bed, he couldn't find a duvet cover, he couldn't put the duvet cover on without climbing inside and getting lost! I know it would be so much simpler to do these things myself but I won't give up. Practice, practice practice.

After dinner, Huffle took the boys to basketball and I was supposed to have sat and relaxed for 2.5 hours but in reality I folded lots of washing and when I sat down to watch TV, I found there was no wifi signal, no internet, no Netflix, the channel I wanted to watch had disappeared and I spent the next hour or so turning off the router, turning off IPads, reassigning IP Addresses and waiting for that blooming buffering symbol to stop whirring round and round and round. Eventually at 8pm, I finally got to watch something on BBC (RIVER) which was very good. I also made a start on my new sock but I knitted too much and spent the rest of the evening undoing all my hard work!

At basketball, Smallest's team was, as usual, full of silly boys who didn't listen (Not Smallestest of course) and he said it was the best session yet. Small's coach made him do lots of left hand work (broken finger hand) to get him up to speed with the rest of the class and strengthen his hand. He is such a good coach and we pay so little. We are very lucky.

When everyone got home and the kids were in bed, Huffle and I watched the Apprentice. Love this, so entertaining. Definitely the right person went (no spoilers from me).

 

No comments: