Monday 30 November 2015

Johnny got hit by a baseball bat*

I seem to have my tummy problems back again. Some time ago I thought milk was giving me trouble as it is somehow different here in Canada than it was in the UK. I haven't been having any milk (that isn't cooked) and things have been good. However yesterday I got awful aches and pains which continued today. Not happy! I have also been feeling hot again (this is not pre-menopausal, I'm sure of it). The only thing I had different this weekend was late evening chocolate, a beer and croissants Saturday morning that sat really heavily. Also I didn't have a yoghurt and I have been having probiotic yogurts daily which I felt was helping. I even gave up my forest walk today as it felt so bad (hopefully we can do one tomorrow instead).

After the boys went to school (it was a cold start and required coats and gloves), I helped Huffle to load his Winter Tyres and followed him to the garage where he left his car and I drove him home (got to look after that poorly hamstring of his). Then I went and met Suffolk for shopping. She holds a Costco card so that was our main purpose but we also did a bit of Christmas shopping first. We spent far too much money but now our freezer is full of meat and fish.

I came home in time for lunch with Huffle and we watched a bit more of the weird Jekyll and Hyde. Last night Huffle and I watched a programme where there were three couples who got married at first sight. They didn't even know each other's names or who they were. It was very entertaining. They have four weeks to decide if they are staying together or getting a divorce.

This afternoon I went and picked up some essentials that I couldn't get from Costco plus I bought little things to fill our advent calendar up with and came home to put it all away.

I made dinner, the boys came home, they had their piano practice. Both have been practising so much that she was happy to move onto something else which means they are both very ready for their recital this Sunday. *Smallest's new song was something about Johnny being hit by a baseball bat. I've never heard of it but I think it's a Christmas song. Poor Johnny.

Smallest's new crocheted Elf Hat

After dinner, the boys went to Scouts and Cubs where they practised their carol singing for next week's tree lighting ceremony. They also made candy cane reindeers to hand out at the ceremony.

 

 

No comments: