Friday 27 November 2015

Effing and Jeffing

It rained all day today. In fact, I would go so far as to say, it was a very British weather day. I even took out my British Umbrella (and had a few positive comments about it too). Boys went off to school, Huffle worked in the basement and I went off to knitting mid morning.

On the way I picked up the EnglishRose. Originally her husband came into the wool shop and asked if anyone would be kind enough to give her a lift as he was finding it difficult to get her there so early (10:30!!). About four of us said we could do it and we would take it in turns. Of course, muggins here was the only one that did it, not that I minded but some weeks it did put me out of my way a bit. For example, if I wanted to go to lunch with one of the others, I would have to take her back home (only two minutes drive away) and come back, not always able to find a convenient parking spot. Now each time I picked her up, her husband would be standing guard (fully dressed) making sure she went off okay and had her bag, and her step to get into the car and her walker to help her walk into the shop. Now if he can get up and get dressed in time for me to pick her up, why can't he then drive her to the shop? Anyway, over the Summer I didn't go because of the boys being off from school and then I didn't go because Grandma and Grandad were here and we were doing other things. So I decided I would pick her up today and take her. She is a lovely old lady and I do enjoy her company when she can hear what I am saying that is. This morning her husband rang me again to say he didn't think she would manage to walk from the car without my help. I convinced him I wouldn't leave her (that's rich considering last time I asked him to collect her as I had other things to do and he forgot her).

We had a nice time at knitting, it was a good mix of people there today and I didn't feel as miserable as I did last time. I bought far too much wool in the Black Friday Sale, dropped the EnglishRose off at home and came back for lunch with Huffle. We watched a bit of Jekyll and Hyde before I went out and did my afternoon errands. Bank, Petrol and Tuba collection.

Then I came home and did some washing and knitting. When the boys came home, I made a start on dinner which needed to be extra early tonight as Huffle and Small went off to football leaving Smallest and I playing Mario Bros and watching a bit of Nanny McPhee until the big boys came home. They had worked hard and will be playing again tomorrow too (and the day after for Small).

Small, Huffle and I watched I'm a celebrity tonight and were surprised to not see Chris Eubanks leave. He is so dull. And who is voting for LadyC (she's no lady!) to stay in. She has been given far too much air time and does not warrant any more!!!!!

 

No comments: