Saturday 28 November 2015

No Groceries for the Old Buggered Wolf

Last night I dreamt that I was pregnant but the school I worked in gave me a pregnancy test which was at a computer. Three questions were asked, one of which was take your photo. It said it was positive but I wasn't convinced and insisted I saw a doctor. It was all very strange.

Unfortunately I had to get up this morning in order to go off to sewing to hand in my 'bats'. I had breakfast and left the boys watching TV. Sewing was an interesting event. I mentioned that I had trouble reading the pattern and a woman sneered at me and said 'oh I don't know why, I didn't". A couple of others did have trouble though and it was suggested that my seams weren't correct. When they measured my seam allowance it was almost perfect. Ha! Anyway, this months one is a Chritsmas Tree and I have no idea what they were talking about. Suffolk to the rescue again. At least we have longer this time as we won't be going back until January now. Suffolk and I went for a cup of tea and a chat afterwards and then I came home for lunch.

I dropped all the boys off at the football and went and got my watch exchanged as it broke after just one week. I went to Customer Service - Customer Service huh? I don't think so. Rude as you like, didn't listen, made me fill out all sorts of crap and I even said I would exchange it but no, that was too much trouble for MissNoCustomerService! I got my money back and then went and bought a better one in a different shop HA!

Next I tried to buy Smallest an Elf hat for his Christmas Concert but no-one had one so I bought some green wool instead (he hasn't decided yet whether I can knit/crochet one or he might make one himself). I took a vent cover back to the DIY shop and then went back to the football in time to see all three boys on the field at the same time. Small as Giant Goalie, Smallest as Defender and Huffle as mid field man until he pulled his hamstring and then Goalie. Silly idiot still thinks he's 20 years old (he ain't never been 20!). One day he is going to have to admit when he is injured and not just play through it.

We had a quick change at home with showers and then we dropped Smallest off at one of the footballers houses for a party. There he stayed for 2.5hours while Small, Huffle and I went to a Gadget shop to return something we bought last week. I decided to buy two Christmas presents while in there and wandered around stalking three people who were holding on to the things I wanted as they were the last two. I followed them for ages and eventually asked if they were definitely going to buy them, they said they were. They asked one of the shop assistants if there were anymore and were lead to a locked cage. I also asked and they told me to follow the same people I had been following. The cage was finally opened and the items took out but we were not allowed to hold them, despite the fact I wanted to buy more things or at least find the rest of my family. My items were took to a cash desk where I was allowed to purchase them, except they ended up being more expensive than they said so I left them. The other people I had stalked, had put their original stuff back so I picked that up instead and bought them. What a palaver, the things I bought only cost $30, it wasnt diamonds or gold bullion!

By the time we had finished, we were hungry so we walked through the the other side of the mall to a lovely place where we had a fabulous dinner. Unfortunately we had to rush to get back to Smallest.

We needn't have rushed because we were all invited inside for wine, cake, chocolate bark and lots of chatter. The kids had a fabulous time and it seems that the birthday boy and Smallest are very good friends. They have been promised some play dates soon. We stayed for ages. They are lovely people.

Back home, Smallest went to bed and the rest of us watched I'm a Celebrity. LadyC!!!!! (She still ain't no lady!).

 

 

No comments: