Thursday 12 November 2015

Salmon Tree Planting

Can't remember the last time I slept all the way through and woke up at 7am. Bliss, well it would be bliss if I didn't have to get up, wake the boys up, make them have a shower and provide them with breakfast and lunch.

It was raining when we got up (and pretty much rained all day) which is not good when the boys are tree planting for school today, rain or shine. I saw the school bus and the muddy array of kids when I passed by - poor buggers. Glad I didn't volunteer. The trees are being planted to provide shade and protect the salmon they hatched and released from the heat plus to stop erosion. Smallest said he planted ten trees.

I took a scratched photo frame back to the shop today hoping to swap it for a not scratched one but they didn't have another one, and bought a few small Christmas things plus a few essentials on the food list.

Huffle and I had lunch and I rearranged our Venice photo picture as I bought a new frame. Ahh lovely memories, loved Venice. This afternoon I went for a long walk around the Hamlet with ClownRose and LittleF. We walked and talked and talked some more. We were supposed to stop for coffee but the cafe was shut, I didn't know it ever shut. The bank was closed yesterday too for Remembrance Day - that's strange isn't it? We had a lovely walk and stopped by the school. Unfortunately we weren't supposed to be there but the students (including Small) saw us. The teachers wanted to know who we were (they asked the kids) and I have sworn Small to secrecy. Whoops!

Trees on our walk

The boys had had a good tree planting day and were all muddy, wet and cold on their return to home. They had a Hot Chocolate to warm up and then Smallest's friend came to play for a couple of hours. Small played on his tablet and I made dinner. Tonight we had Fish Cakes.

After dinner we played a game of Lego Creator and then Smallest regaled us with his Piano tunes. Small had practiced earlier. They are both sounding very good.

This evening we watched Don't tell the bride which was filmed in Leicester. I think we watched where they were more than what they were doing.

Wishing the Rumbleskins all the best in their newly renovated home. Hope it's fabulous. X

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Awww, thanks Sam. We can't wait to be back in our own home. And we have plenty of space for visiting English/Canadian family now : )

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Awww, thanks Sam. We can't wait to be back in our own home. And we have plenty of space for visiting English/Canadian family now : )