Monday 23 November 2015

Minus Temperatures

Brrrrrrr this morning there was ice on the inside of the Sun Room, the temperature showed as 0* and the outside temperature was -6*. I decided to bring the chilli plants in (there were still two of the four plants with chillis on them). The boys put on coats and gloves and hoods though both discarded their gloves as soon as they stepped outside. Not deemed cold enough for those yet! I know it was too cold for me to stand on the doorstep with my Short PJ's on.

8:30am and I had a phone call from the plumber telling me it was time to service the water stuff again. I love the fact he calls me. I decided to go out and do a quick food shop first thing (I should do that more often, the supermarket is empty and there isn't anyone to get annoyed at). I was all finished and home by 11am (bearing in mind it takes me 20 minutes there drive each way). I put the shopping away and made a start on tonight's dinner and MrPlumber arrived and did his stuff before lunchtime.

Huffle and I had lunch and then I met NoCustard and went for a Wintry walk in the forest. It was a lot colder than I realised and although I had my boots on and my gloves and ear warmers, I could have done with some warmer trousers and a coat. It was lovely though and the tiny sprinkling of snow on top of the leaves looked spectacular. We walked for just over an hour.

I got home just before the kids who were arguing and fighting. Apparently Small choked Smallest on the bus and Smallest sat on Small, so Smallest tried to throw a rock at Small blah blah blah.

Piano lessons were done. Small is coming along beautifully and his hard work and plentiful practice is paying dividends. Smallest still needs to put lots of practice in and has promised to do fifteen minutes a day on just his Christmas tune.

We all had dinner, the boys played a bit of Wii and table tennis and then we watched TV.

It snowed again this evening.............and settled..........tomorrow I am getting my Winter Tyres put on.

Photo by Huffle

 

 

No comments: