Tuesday 22 May 2012

Daddy vs Squirrel

Recently a squirrel has been knocking down our bird feeder, rolling it across the garden (newly dug and planted) and emptying the contents. Huffle decided that he would fill the feeder and tie it to the hook to stop the squirrel. This he did yesterday. This morning, the feeder was still there, still attached but completely empty. Now, how has the squirrel emptied the contents but left it up there hanging?

Daddy 0 - 1 Squirrel.

It was a hot sticky night last night. Everyone slept okay. No one got up too early. Huffle's car had been poo'd on by a bird (oh dear, after he had lovingly washed it yesterday too!!) Huffle went to work and Small to school. Smallest and I stayed at home. We spent the whole morning washing. Washing ourselves, our hair, our bed linen and our clothes.

I felt very English today, hanging out the washing on a washing line. Never see them here!

I don't know if you can see but there is a chipmunk sitting on the bird bath, bold as you like, having a drink, having a bath! "takin' liberties" says Huffle.

England's rain has finally stopped and the fine weather is starting. hurrah! Can't remember where I saw this picture now, but liked it anyway. We Skyped Grandma and Grandad while we were having lunch. Grandad was telling us what was happening in his garden. Grandma had been shopping and bought us some Mosquito repellents.

After lunch Smallest and I played Monopoly. the little chimp beat me easily. He took all my money and then took my properties. Pah - not playing with him again. We then played Dino Trumps and I drew him his favourite dinosaurs for him to colour so I could get on with my crochet (not for too long though).

Just like his Dad, look how pleased he is to get all that money!
He asked me to take this photo - he said "you could blog it Mummy, let everyone know that I got all your properties". Cheeky monkey.

Also played a family favourite space game until Small came home. While I got the dinner (made Cottage Pie), the boys played with some puzzles together very nicely and then on the computer.

We had dinner and then Huffle came home. I went off to the Garden Club where the talk was "My Favourite Garden Mistakes". It was a good talk and I won the raffle. I got an 'Easy Rose' book and a 'Gardening in Small Spaces' Magazine.

I walked home and saw a black hopping thing in front of me. Don't know what it was. A frog? It was dark so it may not have no been black but it was dark coloured and darting!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do Canadians dry their washing then? Mrs Rumbleskins

Anonymous said...

Good on you drying your washing outside, nothing beats it. For Mrs Rumbleskins... they all have tumble dryers, which you need in the winter but they use them all year long for he most part. Where I live in Michigan it's actually illegal to hang washing outside, not that that stops me!!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Here you go, even the BBC has reported on the US stance on line drying!! Most of it comes down to aesthetics and kerb appeal of homes and sub divisions. However, the neighbours on one side of me cultivate a field of dandelions instead of a lawn and the ones on the other side have weeds growing EVERYWHERE and one of their front windows has the trim rotting around it really badly and the paint is peeling off their front door!! Yet if I was caught with my washing hanging out in my completely un-overlooked and private back garden I'd get a nasty gram from the home owners association and reported to the city if I continued to hang out! It's all BS.

SandeeNC said...

Remember the racoons? I bet that's the culprit who's emptying your feeder, I have to take my feeder in every single night if I am to have any food for the birds in the morning! I hope you have a wonderful day, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Anonymous said...

Here I am sitting having breakfast logged on and no blog...what's going on, my day is now all out of kilter! We hv roofers here 7am guess what, in yr honour, am having the dirty white flashing done, will send photo.....next might be curtains, u never know. Aunt pear x