Sunday 20 May 2012

Unofficial Queen Vic's Birthday (really 24th)

There was a party going on last night over at a neighbours (who we don't know) and there was much revelry until the small wee hours. The boys were late going to bed and apart from a few fireworks going off they were asleep almost instantly. Huffle slept as soon as his head hit the pillow, but I had to put a film on to cover the noise of the party. However, I had to close the windows and turn the volume up because they were too loud. Eventually I fell asleep. Huffle woke in the night wondering why he was so hot (whoops I forgot to open the windows again!). Smallest came in to us at 4:30 to tell us the Tooth Fairy had been and left some money. Oh I can't tell you how pleased we were. He went back to bed.


We have been here six months. WOW, where has that time gone? We were asked a few days ago by Aunt Pear what marks out of ten we would give so far. Huffle said 7/8 and I said 7 (I never heard him say his answer). Ummm interesting. I don't think that's a bad score so far. Room for improvement definitely.

Prince Charles and Camilla are in Toronto today and tomorrow. I wonder if they will pop in. After all, we are English and we do serve Yorkshire Tea - They won't get that anywhere else here I can tell you. One thing the Canadians have not learnt to do well yet is to make tea!

Huffle found a piece of furniture on Kijiji he wanted so after breakfast, he took Smallest for a drive to fetch it. Small and I stayed behind, played Monopoly Deal and he played on the computer while I tidied and swept. When they came back we put the bench in the sun room. It is great for putting shoes in and sitting on when you are putting your shoes on or waiting for the rest of the family to get ready, eh Huffle?


The boys played on the computer for a while. We had lunch on the porch in the shade. It was a scorching hot day again. We made a den out of the Jungle Gym and a decorating sheet.

I mowed while the three boys washed the cars and had a water fight. Of course, as soon as I was finished I had to have a water fight too. We all got pretty wet. Smallest is fine with this now after we introduced the 'Time Out' signal, although that doesn't always work perfectly!!

Huffle cleaned his own car as the boys were bored of it by then!
Being sprayed by the hose
What a lovely clean car she is!

Smallest got some computer time for himself while Huffle, Small and I played Monopoly Deal again. When Smallest was finished we all played football.

Oh I forgot to mention we snook in a sneaky ice cream

Dinner made us come in from the sun and then we all played Disney Monopoly - we haven't seen or played this game for some time. It was the first time that Smallest has played without hell. He loved it. He especially loved getting its of money but wasn't so happy about giving it away. Huffle won!

We put them to bed, watered the plants, tidies the garden things away and sighed with a cup of tea.

Everyone seems to be okay now. I'm not sure the sore throats, coughs and colds have completely gone but all seem to be better. No tummy bugs now. All gone. Maybe it was the hot weather?!

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue garden looked pretty, ice cream lkd yummy. Sounded such a good day apart from noisy neighbours, make sure you know them b4 next party and get invited! U write so well famfa it's almost like we are there with u sometimes. aunt pear xx

Anonymous said...

Six months!! Crikey. I miss you all loads more than 7/10.

I've been very jealous of all your sunny pictures but today our summer has finally started!

Lots of love
MG3/AA xxxxx

famfa said...

Aunt pear- thanks the garden was planted by grandad. We will get to know neighbours before next party x

famfa said...

And I have missed you that's why it's only seven and not more. Glad you are seeing sunshine now xx