Wednesday 16 May 2012

Scientist Famfa

I knew Huffle was ill the when he fell asleep to Bill Bailey - I was chuckling away (he is sooo funny) and Huffle was snoring. I spent most of the night coughing, you know when you have a tickly dry cough, its really annoying so I can imagine Huffle didn't think it was that great either. Small woke us to tell us he had an 'accident'. Another bad night's sleep.

Huffle got up feeling bad but had to go to Downtown today. I woke up full of cold. The boys got ready any were standing outside in the rain waiting for the bus. It was late. We were looking one way and it came from the opposite direction. Apparently the way it normally goes, thre was a tractor in the ditch and another on the road, so it had to go all the way runs to school another way and then back again.

I was supposed to go for a walk with Mrs Royal but there were storms forecast so we decided to leave it till later. I sat and crocheted and then went out and bought some ingredients to make Canadian Scones. By the time I got back and put the shopping away and had lunch it was time for me to go to school. I volunteered last week to go in for Science Day with the Kindergartens.

It's going to be a monkey - I am following a weekly tutorial here

I got there a little early and met Scientist Tracey who showed me what she wanted me to do. She was discussing water and there was a lock system filled with water and boats etc. I had to explain to the children how the locks worked and how the water was propelled around. I had four different groups of five children at a time. I got very wet. They got very wet. It was fun and funny! They had to call me Scientist Famfa but most of the called me Smallest's mum!

Smallest working out how to get the different levels of water to make the boats go up and down.
I stayed until the end of school and asked Smallest if he wanted a lift home, but he wanted to go on the bus so I rushed off so I could be home before him.

They played outside for a while and then Smallest came in and helped me make scones. They were good. They looked like rock cakes but tasted like soft scones. We put blueberries in them. Yum. Tomorrow we are going to try brownies (but my old english recipe).

Smallest wearing one of my Aprons
Blueberry scones sitting on my French gateaux stand I bought in Niagara on the Lake
Then we made pizza for dinner. We all had dinner together which was nice although Huffle feels worse. He may stay at home tomorrow.

The boys watched Kung Fu Panda II - thanks Uncle Grump - we are enjoying all of our new things to watch and listen to.

Huffle is soaking in a hot 'sea moss' bath watching Step Brothers, eating a scone and drinking a cup of Yorkshire Tea.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Famfa

Haven't forgotten you - just been busy!!!

Do you have a Tv in your bathroom? Hope Huffle gets well soon - and you of course!

Love ya. Yahoo xx

Anonymous said...

Something to make huffle smile, unc pear won 2 trophies last wknd, midland closed c'hip and team one, tell huffle it's time to get pot hunting! Aunt pear xx

Anonymous said...

Baking looks good to me.

Hope you and Huffle cold\cough free soon.

Everett XXX

famfa said...

Yahoo - no we don't have a TV in our bathroom, ha ha, you are so funny, only you could have picked up that piece of info!! He uses the IPad. Skyoe soon?

Aunt pear - Huffle says "was it the seniors trophy?"

Everett - baking was good HURRAH - we hope we are cough/cold free soon too. It's seems to be lingering!!

Unknown said...

Looking into setting up a FTP server to make it easier to "Share" stuff will let you know once I've made some more progress with it...

Anonymous said...

I too thought you had a tv in the bathroom!! But I didn't want to sound silly so I didn't mention it lol! Love Bill Bailey, he's so bloody funny, Black Books is still one of my all time favourite tv comedy shows, about time I saw a few episodes again I think!

Hugs
Brenda