Thursday 10 May 2012

Sort the rules out!

Huffle's baseball team got beat 13-2 last night. He got caught out twice. Once fairly and the second time, the person caught it and then dropped it but was still given out. When Huffle asked why, they said if it falls within the diamond, then it is out! He said "well that's a crap rule". He didn't have to wear his shirt and Cufflinks, luckily he had a black sports top in his bag so wore that instead. Hopefully there will be a proper top for him next week.

 

Today's day: A bath, Skype from Grandma, Grandad and Madamme Curvoisier, a walk to the library, a listen to Canadian mum's telling me that it costs £7 for one cup of coffee in Starbucks in England and that all houses are really small and cramped and they have no land!!! That the word W@nker was a word often said by the English. In fact she said it that many times that I had to say "please don't say that word in front of my children!". I was getting annoyed and quite patriotic by the time I left there. We chatted about summer camps. Seems Canadians like to farm their children out a lot in the summer. I'm not sure. I said, well what would I do with myself if I had no children for a week and they just laughed!!

I met Nan's husband and grandson - lovely, and they gave us a bag of lovely homemade banana nut muffins - delicious.

We also met up with a lovely Welsh Mum who seems on the same wavelength as me. We said we would get together in the Summer. Her girls can come and use the pool and we can go for walks in the forest.

We had lunch at the local cafe and then Smallest got a fruit lolly and we walked home, where we did lots of colouring and drawing and playing of games.

Small came home, we played some more. We skyped HB who isn't feeling so well at the moment. We spoke to Aunt Pear too. Huffle came home and we played some more, had dinner. Kids went to bed.

 

 

No comments: