Sunday 6 May 2012

What a difference a day makes....

Smallest was very embarrassed this morning when I came downstairs. He wouldn't look at me. He said sorry (because Huffle told him to) but eventually he just came round and we were friends again. We all had a nice breakfast together and decided we were staying in the garden today and having a sports day. We set up the cricket set, the badminton and volleyball set, the football and hockey net.

All of us started off by making some more paper planes. (good book Grandma) Huffle and Smallest made some Zentangle based drawings and made their planes out of them. Small and I used the special paper out of the book.

HB Skyped us from the Tower of London. They had paid to get in and we got a free tour. HB had her headphones in and we were telling her to take people's hats off, and telling her to say things to people but she was very sensible and just chuckled quietly. She was with CousinPest and Aunt Pear.

We got to watch a bit of a play
.....and we had a tour of the tower. It was very good until she had to turn us off because phones and cameras were not allowed. Small wanted to see someone have their head chopped off (nice).
CousinPest trying on a hat

Once we were dressed we went outside. We started flying the planes. Our favourite was called the Professional. It swooped and soared brilliantly.

After a while, we played catch with the baseball ball and mitt. Huffle has one and Smallest has a smaller one. Huffle needs the practice as he will be playing sometime this week for work. Look at all those dandelions!

Then we played cricket. We played for ages. Each of us having a bat, a bowl and sharing the fielding.

Next was football. Whenever a goal was scored, the scorer and to go in goal.
We had dinner inside to get out of the sun. It was very warm today. Everyone got on, no one fought. So far so good. After dinner we made another plane - The Hurricane. It was a strange one but flew well once we figured out how to throw it.
We cleared all the sports equipment and got the mower out. Huffle had a go first on his own. Then he and Smallest went on.
Smallest has this weird look on his face when he is on, like he is either going to fall asleep or is concentrating really hard!

Even I had a go. It was very funny. It was hard to get he speed just right on the corners or when turning round. Not sure I am a natural like Grandad. Small came on with me too.

Huffle went back on on his own and finished it all off. Most of the dandelions are gone now. Small actually picked 200 (how did we miss them?) to earn some more money.

All was well until the boys decided to go inside and play in Smallest's bedroom, colouring. small did something wrong (so Smallest said!) and it all kicked off. There was fighting, arguing, shouting.

We tried to calm things down by separating them which worked for a while until I sprinkled Smallest with my watering can. (only a small sprinkle). He went mad. Crying, kicking, screaming. Some said they could have the water pistols out and get me back. They were happy with that. I hid in the barn for ages and the found me. I got soaked. The boys played together but when Small got Smallest he had another almighty tantrum. Same thing as yesterday again. Kicking, screaming, fighting. It was horrible. It went on for ages. Small got out ofthe way and watched TV. Huffle took Smallest upstairs in the end and stayed with him till he calmed.

He upset me again because he didn't want anything to do with me and all his anger seemed to be directed at me. He obviously knows he is getting to me and wants to hurt me when he is like this. When he came downstairs I was sittin outside chilling. He was really embarrassed again but did at least say sorry this time.

We played football and played with the planes again.

The boys were bathed. Huffle and i got our tyres in cars ready for getting our winter ones replaced tomorrow and tuesday.

Small watched TV. I blogged. Huffle and Smallest played Top Trumps.

All is quiet. Shhhhhhhhhhh - please lets keep it that way. Can't cope with much more!!!!!!!!

Thanks to those who sent me kind words. I know you understand and I know you are there, believe me it helps xx

 

No comments: