Wednesday 23 May 2012

Do you have a friend called 'eeyore?'

I woke up with eight mosquito bites all over. One on my bum (how did it get there!!!), one at the top of my thigh! Two on my legs, two on my shoulders, one on my hand (now that one I saw biting me, it was dug in soooo deep I had to pull it off me! And one on my face. They really love me don't they! Mrs Royal gave me a patch to wear and it worked at the time but I forgot I am allergic to Elastoplast and it irritated my arm more than the actual bites. Small got two black fly bites - when he showed his teacher she said "welcome to Canada!". Apparently you don't know till you see the blood dribbling down that you've been bitten - how lovely. No more problems with the bird feeder, although it hasn't been filled since. One of my readers has suggested bringing it in each evening, may try that. No problems with the chipmunks either. No problems with the raccoons and the bins although the same reader has suggested maybe a raccoon is eating our bird nuts! My, the wildlife here are interesting.

All boys at school/work today so I got to go and get my hair cut. Mrs Royal and I left at 10:30 and travelled for over an hour (we got a bit waylaid as we were too busy talking to notice where we were going). We went to see the lovely 'Smoothie'. She coloured, cut and styled Mrs Royal's hair and trimmed and styled mine. LOVELY. We had a good chat about TV, children, schools, Canada, England, family, swimming pools, plants etc etc etc. Mrs Royal took sandwiches for us and I took Gingerbread biscuits. We didn't leave there till 2:30. Whoops. I got home and within five minutes of the boys turning up. Still a good day out and my hair looks fabulous (no I can't show you a picture because I look hideous under my beautiful hair!).

When Grandma and Grandad were here, the boys planted some bulbs in their own pots. Yay they are growing!

The boys played outside and then came in a did a jigsaw together before playing on the computer. They took it in turns to play and they played really nicely together. They came down when I asked them to and set the table (no grumbles). Huffle came home early (which is not good because that means he had a bad day!!!!)

Huffle had a CV in today and the person's name was Winnie Poon (he he, anyone who knows me, knows I am a big Winnie the Pooh fan. Huffle said if it was pooh and not Poon, he would have interviewed them just for me!!!). Funnily enough he already has someone famously named who works in the office. I am not allowed to say his name but he was famous for saying "oh matron" in the Carry On films!!!

We all had dinner together and then went and played football.

Smallest trying really hard not to have a tantrum

I love the way that Smallest JUST fits in the net!

Bedtime for the boys. Huffle sat and read the paper and revised for his exam in front of the football. I blogged and crocheted.

Oh yes, and wahooooo to my UK readers, you have finally got some sunshine. Let's hope this is the start of your Summer and that it lasts.

(pic from Chelsea flower show)

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't u think the lady on the left at Chelsea looks like Madame courvosier? Hope huffle's day not too bad. Tell him we off to Wentworth tomoro and had to turn down posh hospitality passes.... he would be ashamed of us! Aunt & unc pear xx

Anonymous said...

Hope that bite doesn't make your bum look big... ;)

AA xx

famfa said...

Aunt Pear. sorry have apologised formally to you on today's post. Huffle wants to know why have you turned down passes - schoolboy/girl error!!

Aunty A - you cheeky big bummed muppet! X