Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Canadian Mothers Day

This morning I awoke to no voice at all and Huffle getting out of bed saying he had to prepare things. I was ordered to stay where I was, so I read my book until I was allowed to get up. The table was set beautifully with flowers (fake as I don't believe in flowers for mothers day, valentines day etc - too commercially priced!!,), presents, croissants and freshly brewed coffee. My two darling angels and my lovely Huffle wished me Happy Mothers Day as I sat down.

I had two beautifully hand made cards, a picture made by Smallest, a fabulous painting on material by Small and an Origami Book from Huffle. Oh and an English Bone China cup and saucer from me which I picked up at the thrifty store a while back.

Small's gorgeous painting

We Skyped Grandma and Grandad and got all the football results. We all cleared the basement. It took a while but boy it's much better now. Huffle vacuumed it and then we all settled down and watched Mr Poppers Penguins (Small and I have just finished reading the book). The film (thank you Uncle Grump) was entertaining but was absolutely nothing like the book, not even a little bit.

We stopped for lunch, and then finished the film. It was hot again today. Really hot with no breeze.

Huffle tightening screws

We played lots of football and then decided to have a fire Outside (just in case we weren't warm enough). We needed to burn some wood as we are planning another bit of garden at the bottom near the fire pit. It took ages to get it going and then it burnt out quite quick. It rained in the night so I guess the wood was still damp.

Biscuit break around the fire

Huffle went to see what we could have for dinner but we were uninspired so we all got showered and dressed and went out for a good old English Fish and Chips in Whitby. There were seagulls and we could see water but it was nothing like the Whitby in England. Fish was good though and the kids ate up well.

Close by there was a beach with a park so we went and had a look to see if it was worth going back when we had more time. The park was full. There weren't too many on the beach. It was a half sandy and half stoney beach with boats on the lake. (still Lake Ontario). There was even a lighthouse. We skimmed stones, played on the park, looked at stones and then made our way home.

Beach, with a boat in the hazy distance
Skimming of course

Really clear water
A tree - that's the lake behind

A boat - haven't seen a boat on the lake before apart from Toronto
Boys on the park

The boys were tired and were just starting to annoy each other. It was bedtime by the time we got back. We had a little trouble with Smallest who lost his pocket money he earned this week. I think he had it in his hand all of five minutes!! Silly boy!!

All quiet now. Voice is still missing, anyone finds it please send it to me, I miss it. I haven't shouted once today.

I made a leaping leopard frog and a Dollar Viking helmet - cool.

Thank you my wonderful family, I had a lovely Mother's Day x

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserv a good day glad they all spoiled you . If we find yr voice will send it to you . Love aunt pear xx

Anonymous said...

Tel Huffle to get those lucky shorts on in the hot weather.

Everett xxxxxx