Saturday 12 May 2012

Is your salad VERY dressed?

When I woke this morning, I had completely lost my voice. My head felt like it had a hippo sitting on it. The boys came in too early complaining that this one had the remote, this one wouldn't let him watch ........ Blah blah. Huffle got very grumpy and told them to GO AWAY as it wasn't even 7am!!!!! We heard them argue some more until it finally went quiet. I guess we should have investigated but I couldn't move and Huffle went back to sleep. In the end I got up and sat in the Sun room with my book. It was sooo warm in there again. I had all the doors open and had to wear my sunglasses! I got about an hours quiet time and then everyone came to find me.

I felt awful, voice had come back a little but I felt sick and dizzy so I went back to bed while Grandma and Grandad skyped Huffle. When I came down I had some breakfast and felt a bit better. We had storms forecast so I wasn't sure if my Hippo head was the high pressure, sinus or a migraine.

We decided to go out but couldn't decide where to go. We aimlessly drove and ended up at Port Perry again. It was a fabulously sunny day which got warmer and stickier as the day went on.

Can you see which is our boat? That's right, we don't have one (I get sea sick - on a lake?)
I took this picture because the clouds looked really strange.

We had a nice walk around, an ice cream, a play on the park, a walk near the lake and then dinner.

We stopped at one place and asked what vegetarian options they had. The waitress said "we have lots. For a start we have salad and.............. Well you can have any salad you want off the menu............. Errrrrr........... As well as the salads there is a roll with salad and a mushroom.........". Right so that's salad then. We left. However, the next place we went in had a few different veggie dishes. Guess what I chose though? A salad! Whoops. All that talk of salads made me want one after all!!!!

We always see lots of interesting cars here and Harleys

On the way home we stopped off to pick up plants. Once home, we put Geraniums in pots on the barn.

Huffle finished the fruit garden and we planted strawberries and rhubarb with the raspberries that were already there. Small filled the bird feeders.

Smallest and I planted some Beetroot seeds, garlic and sweet corn.

A few perennials were put in place and then we played football and badminton.

It has been a lovely day with a few tense moments from the Smallest member but we got past them without too much incident. The boys were supposed to clean my car for me today but they ran out of time so Huffle has traded them that job for clearing the basement. They have nealy finished their list of jobs for their pocket money. Will they get it??

 

No comments: