Monday 28 May 2012

Queen Cheese

We had storms last night. Woke us up at 4am with crashing thunder and bright lightning. Then the rain came. Lashing down in torrents. We ran around the house closing all the windows as we weren't sure which angle it was coming down at (I think it was possibly straight down!). Small woke up and said "I think it's really close as I can see the lightning right outside my window". Smallest woke up and said " Small said to tell you not to worry, it's just thunder". We asked him if he was scared and he said "no, I'm just going to the toilet, my wee woke me, not the thunder!". He came in for a two minute cuddle and then went off to his own bed.

Huffle had to get up extra early this morning as he has an exam to do. So he was not best pleased to be woken even earlier. Then the power went off and all the clocks, microwave etc beeped. Huffle decided to get up as there was no way he would sleep anymore.

Small woke me up at 7:30 and we let Smallest sleep in till 8am. It was warm again. 31* with humidity making it feel like 38*. TOO HOT!

The boys went off to school well suncreamed and I went to work clutching my caffeine (feeling very tired). When I got there, the whole place was closed, the gate was locked, there were no cars. No-one was answering the phone. I sat there for 15 minutes, left a message on the answer phone and went home. Not sure what that is about.

I decided to bake some scones as Mrs Royal asked for some for her Jubilee party. I am trialing different flavours. I made blueberry ones and cranberry and orange. The cranberry and orange ones were my favourite. I grabbed our union jack bunting, some flags and a couple of scones for the Royals to try and headed to their house. I bumped into ClownRose who is not feeling well and can't go to work. We were supposed to be going round there tomorrow for a asking pool day with the kids but we have postponed it for now. The Royals weren't in so I came back and made a start on the garden.

I though I would start with veg bed No3. First I laid paper all over the bottom (on top of the grass) and then after smearing myself with Mosquito Repellant dug two wheelbarrow full of soil from the bottom of the garden and pushed it uphill to the veg beds. Two was all I could manage as it was feeling hotter and stickier. I came in and crocheted for a bit and then had lunch.

I went outside and did another three but it was far too hot so I gave up and came in and did some more crochet. I visited The Royals and they tasted my scones. They are good and okay to make for the party on Sunday.

Talking of jubilee (that's what the party is for) here is a picture of the Queen made of cupcakes (from Telegraph)

...and one made out of cheese!

I sat there drinking tea with them until the bus came. The boys friend's came round and Small and his friend played with water and Smallest and his friend (a girl!) listened to music and coloured.

Strange picture, maybe too bright!

Huffle came home early. He wasn't overly pleased with his exam but is hopeful he passed, else he will have to take it again. We all had dinner together and then we had a two games of Monopoly Deal.

As the temperature in the house was 26* we decided to put the air conditioning on, firstly to check it actually worked and secondly to see how quickly it cooled down the house. Ahhhhhhh t'was nice!

It took a while to filter through but it needed it. However, Moo, beware, the loft does not get cool at all and because the air con is on it means the windows up there have to be shut too. Oh dear, Me thinks you may be changing your mind and sleeping in the cool basement.

I think we have more storms on the way between the hours of 1am and 7am - that'll please Huffle! Apart from his bites, he now has sore armpits, it looks a bit like eczema - he hasn't had it before. He's not a happy bunny!

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers xd for huffle's exam. hb had 2 of hers 2dy, tricky but hopeful she has done ok. Is now settling down for other 3, week after next. All back2back days great planning by the examination board . Smallest sounded so grown up the thunder, feel he has the making of a good pyramanic, it's in the genes! Aunt pear x

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Huffle did well in his exam. Sooooooooooooo hot. Not forgotten you & will be emailing shortly! Everett Xxxx

famfa said...

All these exams. Sure they'll both do well.

famfa said...

Thanks. Soo hot here and there. I keep starting an email and then get distracted x