Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hey batta batta batta

Apparently more rain on the way for England - picture from Telegraph




Four more wheelbarrow loads of soil wheeled from one end of the garden to the other, and one raised bed is done.

I then planted four peppers, two rows of mixed lettuce seed and some peas.

Peppers
Peas with Mr Pea the Pea Marker
Walking backwards and forwards I noticed all these dandelions again. We only mowed on Sunday and already they are all back again! Argh next door were having their lawn cut professionally and all the dandelion seeds heads were floating over to us. How annoying.

I started digging another bit of garden where there are raspberries growing. The idea is to put Rhubarb here and maybe some other berries.

This is how it looked before I started.

This is how it looks now. It started raining and I thought, Pah, what's a bit of rain! Then it thundered and then lightning started and I ran in. We have some really interesting looking wood to border this bed.

I gave in and came in for lunch, watched a bit of TV, folded washing and cleaned. booooo! I was hoping to get more done on the garden but it's really wet now.

When the boys came home they watched a movie. I think Small is about to be ill. He looks tired and there is a smell coming from his mouth that normally means he is going to get his bad tonsils. I made him drink more orange juice and got him relaxing instead of running about. Hopefully we can keep it away.

Huffle is playing Baseball tonight and they didn't get him a top to play in. Whoops. He may be the first person to play in Shirt and Cufflinks. How very English of him!!!

The boys and I had dinner together and We skyped Moo. We sat her at one end of the table and the boys chattered as if she was really there. It is five weeks today that she will be here. My friend back home told me about some Union Jack Wellies for sale in England so I out an order in for them with Moo. Whilst we were talking to her, Aunty A skyped us. We had to switch Moo off (sorry Moo). Smallest read her a story and then I read her one too. When she was here in March, we found this book about a bear who lost his hat. We decided we must have the book. Grandma bought it for Smallest. It is really good, however it had a slightly different ending than the one we thought it had when we first found it. It's still very funny.

I put the boys to bed, read them stories, tucked them in. Lovely boys - no fighting today.

I watched my programmes and waited for Huffle to come home.

I am feeling better but the cold has come out more now, however I have really hurt my knee. The inside hurts every time I bend it. I used to get this when I ran but I've not been running! Hopefully it is just a run-down type of thing.

4 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Love mr pea the pea marker!

Anonymous said...

Love the Mr Pea marker too! Sounds like you're all heading for something, hope you can keep it away. Great photo from The Telegraph, they say another months worth of rain in one week again for the UK next week. Stupid how it all comes at once though. You're doing well in the garden, no wonder your knee hurts!

Hugs
Brenda

HB said...

Wow the gardening looks great! Need lots of trees and birds to go with it ;) HB xxx

famfa said...

Sarah - Walmart - don't know if Asda do them! If you want any I can send them back with Moo, they are about $6 ( less than fiver).

Brenda - Walmart. Don't tell the Canadians!! I certainly don't miss the rain onthe UK. Good point, less knee work in the garden!

HB - thanks, yes I think you are right! ;) cheeky x