Friday 18 May 2012

Start of the Long Weekend

Good night's sleep for everyone until 6am when Smallest came in LOUDLY and asked if he could get up. "NO" we said. "Why, it's seven" he said. "NO IT'S NOT IT'S 6am go back to bed". "can I get in with you then" (and breathe on you and kick you and talk to you and push you out of bed until you give in and send me downstairs???????) NO! So Smallest got up too early and that meant we paid for it later!

It was a scorcher of a day. Smallest and I got on with some jobs first thing. Then we played Fuzzy Felt and made three pictures. One circus (which was mine as a child and I can't bear to throw it away) and two farm pictures. We then did a small jigsaw and then I drew the same picture and Smallest coloured it in (with a bit of help).

He loved colouring this one in? He was very insistent that we got the colours exactly right!
We played football, had lunch outside on the chairs we found yesterday (after I washed them). Smallest watched Rango (thanks Uncle Grump) while I emailed my friend and read my book. So hot, I had to sit in the shade. We Skyped Moo and added something else to our list!!!!

A tired lunch in the sun

There was lots of swing pushing and then we made triple chocolate brownies. They turned out okay. A bit squishy on the inside but I couldn't have cooked them any longer else they would have burnt. Maybe a lower temperature next time. They taste amazing though. If anyone wants the recipe let me know. I will probably it in on 'BusyButterfingers' at some point.

Brownies made for our day out with the Burlingtons

Don't get too excited Burlingtons - they are going fast!!!

Small came home in tears today. He had not had a good day, they had been doing math all day (normally his favourite subject) and lots of bar graphs over and over again. I think they are preparing them for the testing that they do soon. Six lots of 1 hour sessions. He was also upset because his friend was supposed to be coming home for tea but he hadn't listened to his mum that morning and the play day was off!! Oh dear. Good for him to see that he is not the only one punished for things though!

The boys tried the brownie - they liked very much and then we played more football. Huffle came home early (in fact he shut the office early) and once he was changed (and had tried the brownie) he played too.

We had trouble with Smallest. Then trouble with Small. We came in and HB, Aunt & Unc Pear and CousinPest skyped us. We all had dinner and then went and watered the plants. More trouble ensued when I sprinkled a tiny bit of water on Smallest and he got the water pistols out. This was fine until I squirted Smallest (although I had been got lots) and a tantrum happened where I ended up throwing him over my my shoulder and dragging him inside. Neighbours were watching!!

Boys have now gone to bed. Huffle and I are tired! Easy day tomorrow. Day out with the Burlingtons on Sunday. Nothing planned for Monday.

Huffle came home with his new baseball top (finally they got him one). He is so very happy.

He threw the baseball to me and expected me to throw it to him for him to catch and then told me off for throwing it too hard saying I could have broken something in the kitchen! WHAT, why are you playing in the kitchen then Dilbert!!!!!

 

2 comments:

Mrs BB said...

Hall family ..... STEP AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES!!!!

See you and our brownies on Sunday xx

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to post the gingerbread to blighty, perhaps throw in a couple of brownies! good to chat but we forgot to register for unc pear's share option and now missed date.. The way shares going might b worthless anyway!! Have a good weekend looks like a warm one .. As usual it's 'spitting' here....aunt Pear x