Monday 1 October 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMALL - 4cm taller

A terrible night full of stuffed up noses, too hot, too cold, not sleeping. not good. i woke up with a really bad throat. huffle woke up feeling weary and achey. Smallest woke up and came in to me at 6:37 and said "can i get up yet?". "What time is it?" I said? "Six dot dot 3 7". "No, it's too early". So he got into bed with me (Huffle was downstairs getting ready for work) and talked and talked until I gave in and told him to go downstairs. Originally small was going to open his Presents in the evening when we were all together but Huffle decided not to go to work as he was feeling too poorly.

We all sat and watched Small open his presents and cards. He got wii games from England (we only have an English Wii and the Canadian games here do not work. He got books, Lego, games, tee-shirt, stationary, and a club penguin membership. He was very happy. Smallest had beautifully written a card for Small and put in a Membership card for a computer game. He also put in a used pen. Very strange. Small was very surprised to find that in there.

He played one of his wii games after breakfast. He had a quick Skype from Grandma and Grandad before he ran off to school. They are off to the hotel in London today, flying tomorrow morning.

Smallest and I had breakfast. Then he and Huffle went into the barn to do MAN things. I went out to do some baking shopping for Small's cake. His proper one will be at the weekend. I was supposed to get an ice cream cake for tea but the shop didn't open till 11am. So I did a few other things and went back just after 11am. It was still shut. I waited around for a while but it never opened. I had to go without.

When I got home Smallest had run Huffle ragged around the garden and the house. They had picked some lovely leaves for me.

All from the same tree. Amazing the difference in colours.
Smallest and I set about making a cake for tea. We were having Pizza (Small's favourite), jelly and ice cream and birthday cake.

We made a chocolate cake......

.......decorated the house with bunting........

...and balloons....

We had a quick lunch and all three of us went to bed. We watched Star Wars in there (the only room with Blu-ray) and Huffle and I tried to sleep. I think I may have managed five minutes but Smallest kept checking if Huffle was still watching. Poor Huffle. We iced and decorated the cake. Skyped LizzieDotDot. Had a visit from Mrs Royal who brought Small a card and some Lego Minifigures for both kids. We blew up some more balloons and sat outside on the front porch to wait for Small to come home. As he got off the bus we sang Happy Birthday to him. Moo skyped and they chatted to her for a while and showed her the cake and presents. Small's best friend from England sent him a birthday message and the boys watched it.

Laughing at Bomberdill's message.

He opened some more presents and cards and the boys played on the wii while Huffle and I had some peace.

Small has an Agenda that he writes in everyday at school. The teachers have to sign it, I have to sign it to say I have seen it. Today's said this...

Nice to see what's important to a nine year old.

I knitted, he caught up with news. We had dinner, jelly and ice cream and just as we were about to light the cake, HB skyped. She got to sing Happy Birthday with us.....

And helped to blow out the candles.........
We had another Skype from Aunt Pear and lots of email messages from friends and family.

Small and Smallest both went off to Beavers and Cubs. (Huffle took them for me). Small turned to me and said "It has been a really good birthday". Bless him. He is such a good boy. However, he has grown 4cm in six months. Smallest has also grown 2cm in six months. We worked out that if Small grew another head with spiky hair he would be as tall as me. It won't be long will it?

Huffle and I have just finished our photo montage of Barcelona and hang it up on the wall.

The boys came home, they had both made pumpkins which were really good. They both want to go back. Instead of feeding the beaver like last week, they had to pat the beaver. Of course, Huffle found this highly (childishly) humorous again.

I have just seen photos of Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc's wedding.

What a gorgeous couple. Huffle told Smallest that Aunty Miaow was now a married lady. He said "oh who did she marry?" "uncle Tuc of course, why do you think he was always hanging around her?"

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lik th Barcelona pics, when did u go? Glad Small had good birthday, but sad we can't have the party with pass the parcel, Perhaps u could play with Grandma and Grandad who r now on their way, flight was on time. Hope u all feeling better asap and have great time, they are soooo looking forward to seeing you all. Tell Grandad to have a birthday pile-on with Small for us. xx