Friday 16 November 2012

Afternoon at the Broms

I did wake again in the night and even though I had my shuffle charged ready (though I think It is full of songs I used at the gym to keep me working harder - perhaps not a great thing to get me to sleep) I didn't use it because I didn't hear the 'noise' and I quickly went back off to sleep again. However, while I was awake, I was aware that my earring wasn't quite right. I felt the back of it and realised I had lost the back so I took the earring out until morning. When I woke up, I wondered if it was a dream, but it wasn't, the earring was there on my bedside table. It's weird but I have lost the backs to these earrings so many times and when we were first over here I also lost the actual earrings but always found them despite the fact that they are tiny.

Huffle went off noisily to work. I decided as it was a PA day, that I would have a lie in and catch up on the other nights lost sleep. But the boys had other ideas. I knew what film they were watching because it was so loud. I came down and told them to turn it down but by then I was up and couldn't go back to bed. Small said "we are watching Edward Scissorhands Mummy". YES I KNOW AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHICH PART YOU ARE UP TO AS WELL BECAUSE I CAN HEAR EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT!!

We had breakfast, Small did his homework while Smallest had a bath and then Small had a bath while Smallest coloured in. I did the laundry and then the kids helped me to strip the beds and remake them. The boys went on the wii and I crocheted while on the bike. Not a good idea, I got the wool so ravelled round my pedals because I was so busy watching the kids. That'll teach me! However, I am making the cutest crochet imp.

We came up for lunch and the boys carried on watching the film. I crocheted a bit more. Then we all got ready and went off to the Broms house. Mrs Brom is a lovely lady who I met at school. She is English and a supply teacher. The boys played in their basement (on the Wii again) and I got to have a good chat. About school, things around and about to do, for me, for Huffle and for the boys. We swapped email addresses and she said she would let me know when things happen. I said I would join the baseball team in Spring. She is going to let me know about football (soccer) for the kids. We had a lovely afternoon. After watching Smallest eat cookies on her light fabric sofa, dropping bits of biscuit and drops of chocolate and then surreptitiously wiping his hands on the arm, I decided not to persue the buying of the sofas I saw in the Consignment Store. Maybe wait till they are a bit older.

We came home, the kids finished watching their film while I made dinner. Huffle came home early and we all ate together.

I walked with Drew for an hour. Next door have added even more lights to their Christmas display. I was talking to Drew about it and she said the reason they put their lights and decorations up early is because if they leave it too long, it will be too cold to do it. Fair enough, I never thought about it like it.

I had a phone call from the lady who runs the Garden Club. There is a Pot Luck Dinner on Monday night (everyone brings one dish, appetiser, main or dessert) and I decided I didn't want to go. Drew was not happy and told Garden Club Lady who rang me to find out why. I told her I was a veggie and thought there might not be stuff for me there,II didn't know that many people there, Huffle couldn't go because we didn't have a babysitter. But when I thought about it, they were just silly excuses so I told her I would go. Now I have to think of something I can make to take. I'm sure it will be a wonderful evening and I will be glad I went. I. realise I have to push myself to go out and meet new people. Huffle and I never really went out much in England, we like our own company but I guess we had our own friends and family around. We need to make more of an effort.

We had a lovely letter from some neighbours of ours back in England, it only took three days to get here. That's good. I have a pile of letters I must reply to. I love getting handwritten letters and I always picture me sitting on the porch with a cup of tea happily reading such letters. However, the reality is I pick it up, read it quickly while walking to my car, stuff it in my pocket, forget about it until I wash my fleece and then feel guilty because I haven't written back. AND BECAUSE I WROTE THIS, IT MADE ME WRITE TWO LETTERS. MY HAND HURTS, NOT USED TO PROPER WRITING.

We get Groupon, WagJag etc emails all the time with discounts on various things. Today we got one that was a device a dog wore round their necks and translated what they were saying. Huffle thought this was hilarious. Woof (I need a poo) is what he wanted me to call today's blog post! Childish!!!!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mrs Broom seems nice and a good link into things and people. Glad you decided to go to the dinner, I sometimes do ths here and am always glad if I made the effort. All Christmas things Canada now arrived, will email Moo 2c if poss she could bring with her. You seem to have made some good strides in the last couple of weeks, well done. xx