Tuesday 20 November 2012

We have been here a YEAR!

I was reading the blog a year ago (I think we had been here only a week!) and I was missing the pan I cooked Smallest's egg in. Ahhh, at least I can laugh about it now. So how did I celebrate being here a year? I went for a walk in the forest with NoCustard, TeaLady, Drew and Mrs Royal. It was lovely. The sun was shining, it was a mere 8*. We did the same walk as last week, picked up some greenery, had a laugh and a good chat.

This was just taken in the car park before we even started. The clouds and the trees were amazing.
The walk ahead
I am always amazed at how tall and straight the trees are here
So many leaves
This branch hanging overhead reminded me of a bird
I love these seed heads (I know I take lots of pictures of these) - this too looks like a bird.
My walking buddies. Mrs Royal, NoCustard, Drew and TeaLady
(They always complain that I don't let them do their hair before I take a photo).
When we finished walking, Drew took us to a second hand shop to have a look around. Mrs Royal and I had no money with us so we kept saying "Drew, can we have some money please?". I bought a Christmas Tree stand, a gorgeous glass bauble, an angel for the tree and a couple of things for the boys (shhhhh).

We came home and I had lunch, skyped Moo (we laughed a lot but I can't even begin to tell you what we talked about. we have to have some secrets!), and then weighed all the ingredients for the Christmas cake and soaked the fruit in Brandy. I wish I liked this. It is purely for Moo, Huffle, the kids (if it is not too boozy) and any passing revellers.

Sultanas, raisins, currants, apricots, prunes, cherries, mixed peel, brandy, orange zest and juice

I swiffed all the floors, tidied, and then went and had an hour at my craft table. I finished my Christmas trees, tidied up and did a bit of blogging. HAPPY ONE YEAR.

The boys came home. They told me about their day. Small did some homework. Smallest and I played table tennis and skyped Grandma. Today we made pizza.

Huffle came home and we all ate. The boys blogged. They have created a blog (between them). It is called Small Halls Stall and you can find it here: http://SmallHallsStall.blogspot.com. Not a mouthful at all eh?

This is their profile picture and if you click this on my blogs it will take you there. It is all their own words. Obviously the IPad changes their spellings so it isn't quite their own spellings. I don't know if it is something they will do often but as they came in from school today, the first thing they wanted to do was to BLOG! Oh dear, what have I started?

Hufle took Small to the forest for the cubs night hike and Smallest and I played on the Wii. He almost beat me at Bowling. small has taught him exactly how to get a strike and he nearly always does get one. Then Smallest and I played table tennis while Huffle cycled. While Smallest cleaned his teeth, Huffle and I played table tennis. He won (of course!).

Huffle put Smallest to bed and read him a story and then went and picked up Small. I asked him to pickup Small today because I am not a fan of driving here into dark, especially near the forest. I'm glad I didn't go. Huffle sat in a forest, by himself, no lights, no people, just dark. I wouldn't have liked that!!

Small broke his torch. We need to get him another, the light wasn't strong enough anyway! He had fun. He heard Coyotes!!

As a mark of our 1st Anniversary here I am creating a new page (as if I don't have enough to write). It will be an English - Canadian Translation. Should be interesting.

Huffle keeps reading that the weather forecasters are predicting a hard winter. NO, PLEASE!!!!!

Huffle says on his first year here - it has been a very busy year with some ups and some downs, learning lots of things. It has been a year of newness.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Hugs
Brenda

Mary Ann Tate said...

Happy One Year Anniversary!!!!

I wish I had those seed pods near me. I know it's a weed but the milkweed plant attracts Monarch butterflies:)