Monday 26 November 2012

Flood, Farm and Fun

The UK are having horrific weather at the moment and in some parts, flooding. I found this picture in the Telegraph - it is in the County where we lived before coming here.

For the third day in a row, it had snowed. Again, not a lot, just enough to cover the drive, however it soon melted. It is still pretty much covering the grass at the back.

We packed Small off to school wearing his snow boots "do I need my coat Mummy?" ER YES I THINK SO, HAVE YOU LOOKED OUTSIDE? He didn't want to wear his snow pants as it takes too long to get them on and off but if it does snow considerably then he won't be allowed out without them.

Smallest played on the computer, came and had breakfast with me and went back onto the computer afterwards while I cleaned a bathroom, swiffed and had a shower. Then he read to me and we played on the Wii (and cycled). We skyped Moo and he read to her too. Not long before she is here! We stopped for lunch and Smallest watched something on TV that hurt my ears. Just sounded like a lot of noise, so I read a Chocolate recipe magazine instead. Ummmm, lots of lovely things to make but I resisted. Smallest wrote his letter to Santa (well he called him Satna but it's close enough!).

After lunch we played Lego Creationary. We made a microwave, Big Ben, sink, house and a maze. Then we played Junior Monopoly - Smallest won. We went upstairs to the loft and did some decorating and sewing. Smallest sat on the pedal for me while I manoeuvred the material. He made a lovely gift which we will send out soon. We tidied and wrapped and then built a train track. Small came home and he joined us for a while before we had to have half an hour on the Wii. Small got on with his homework, Smallest did a puzzle and I made dinner.

Huffle came home and we had Many Bean Paella - yum. Smallest got ready for Beavers and I drove him there, picked up Drew on the way, intending to walk for the hour he was there. However, beavers was not in the normal place, or the place that it is when it isn't in the normal place. I rang one of the numbers of the helpers, no reply. Went round to their house. Their husband called her. They were on a hike at a farm about ten minutes down the road. We turned round, found the farm dropped him off, he had to have my gloves as he wasn't really dressed for outside walking. Drew and I came back, picked up a pair of gloves for me and then we walked for about twenty minutes until I had to pick Smallest up again.

He had had a great time. They picked a chickens egg (he thought we would now have chickens!), had a hunt where he had to find pine cones and played some games. Shame he missed the first bit but he enjoyed it anyway. We were missed off the email list!!

We came home. The boys went to bed. Huffle and I watched the Hunger Games last night. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and the film was okay but there was so much missed out I had to explain a lot to Huffle. I guess you can't put it all in. It all ended very suddenly which I dont remember it doing in the book but I suppose film number two will be out shortly. When we went to bed we watched I'm a celebrity. We love Rosemary Shrager's oohs and ahhhhs, very funny.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see all that flooding again in England, a lot of my family are in Somerset and that area has been hit very hard too. Very cold here this week but no more snow after the inch on Sunday morning, which didn't stay around either. I like Satna better than Santa I think!!

Hugs
Brenda