Sunday 4 November 2012

How am I supposed to know?

We forgot put the clocks back last night. Luckily, Small got up later than normal anyway and Smallest stayed asleep for ages and ages. Huffle and I got up, changed the clocks everywhere and then we all had breakfast. Smallest is still feeling poorly and sounding like Phyllis from Coronation Street (alright Percy) and the Old Grandad from Only Fools and Horses. Bless him.

We watched a lovely video from a talented Australian singer called Sarah Blasko.

(I actually found this on a talented lady's blog I read ages ago). Am now waiting for the album.

After breakfast we all went down to the basement and played Mario Bros on the Wii and we got to the next level. Huffle and I rode 5km each today. When everyone was wii'd out we came up and got washed and dressed.

Smallest writing a note to Small again because he wasnt nice to him (whilst watching the Sarah Blasko video - he loves it).

We popped to the 'Tire' and purchased oil for my car (because it is low again). The kids checked out all the cheap Halloween stuff.

Huffle and Smallest chatting up a young lady

This costume is brilliant - Yoda for a small person - brilliant!

Me in a few years

Smallest as Marilyn Manson (Bo Selecta styleeee)

Small older

Poor old Huffle

Old Smallest

In Bulk Barn I asked the lady in there which flour you used to make Pasta (we would normally use an 00 fine flour). She said, I would use a whole wheat flour. I told her I need a fine flour. She said "oh I don't know". Does anyone else here know? "I doubt it?" And with that I put down my wares and flounced out of the shop. Honestly, get someone in with a bit of baking knowledge for goodness sake. Anyway, I looked it up on the Internet and it said you could use Semolina so I sent Huffle back in because I didn't want to look silly. We also bought a big hunk of chocolate to make Chocolate Mousse later.

We all came home. Started one lot of pasta using the semolina but it didn't work. So we used Bread Flour instead - it worked a treat. The boys took it in turns to roll the pasta through the machine.

We had a lovely meal of fresh homemade Tagliatelle in a pomodoro (tomato) sauce with pesto and hand rubbed garlic bread. Yummy yumm yumm.

We also made a chocolate mousse.

Small split the eggs and Smallest whipped up the egg whites till I put it over his head to prove he had whipped it enough.

Everyone ate loads (including Smallest). He is feeling a little better (still a strange voice). We ate our Mousse in front of Despicable Me. brilliant.

I made the boys scrambled egg (because we broke a few while trying to split the eggs) and they played Table Football with Huffle.

While they watched the Flinstones, Huffle and I put all the cupboard doors back on. All ready for me to paint them now.

A rare moment of togetherness

Edit (apologies to CousinPest)

 

3 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

We love Sarah Blasko. Mr Rumbleskins worked with a lady who was her flatmate too! Your mask looks like Nanna, tee, hee.



Mrs Rumbleskins said...

We love Sarah Blasko. Mr Rumbleskins worked with a lady who was her flatmate too! Your mask looks like Nanna, tee, hee.



Mary Ann Tate said...

I love that video too. Thanks for the lovely comment:)