Tuesday 13 November 2012

Rangoli Patterns

I was left all by myself today. Ahhhhhhhhh (that's a sigh of relief not a sad sound!). I had my breakfast early with the kids and got dressed so that I could be at the forest for 9:45 for a walk with Drew, TeaLady and NoCustard. It was cold, with a sprinkling of snow on the ground. We were all well wrapped up.

Tiny bit of snow
Straight tall trees
Many leaves
TeaLady, Drew and NoCustard. We found a tree that had been chopped down, so we relieved the forest of some of its branches for our Winter/Christmas displays
We walked for about an 90 minutes. It was lovely. Cold but with some sun. Crunchy leaves and slidey leaves, bit of mud but not bad. Not many people out but it is a very big forest so maybe they were spread out.

Drew went off to have her hair cut and NoCustard and I went for a cup of tea and a blueberry and pecan muffin at TeaLady's house. WOW, what a house. It was huge. All the very big windows overlooked an amazing forest.

The view - amazing

I met TeaLady's daughter and Granddaughter - both lovely and then I left and came home. I had lunch, watched a bit of the Good Wife and then started painting the cupboards. Of course, time flew (as usual) and by the time I and tidied the paint away, washed my brush, cleaned up the paint splodges (whoops), put some washing in the dryer, swiffed the floor and mopped those sticky places only kids make, it was time for the boys to come home. They were in fine form. Silly as ever. They emptied their bags and put their coats and stuff away, we looked through any paperwork they brought home today, signed agendas, Small did his homework and then we all went on the Wii. Small joined us. I left them while I made their dinner and skyped LizzieDotDot at the same time. The boys ate their dinner, we played a bit more, Small went off to Cubs while Smallest and I played. Smallest went to bed, Huffle went to get Small. Tonight they had made a survival kit which included a Kit-Kat, matches, compass, cereal bar and should have a pocket knife (if we let him have one). This survival kit should be taken when we go out walking 'just in case!'. He came home and went to bed. He really likes Cubs and has been invited to a friends house after school tomorrow.

Huffle is still installing new computer. I blogged and watched TV.

No comments: