Saturday 17 November 2012

Leaf it out!

Everyone slept well, especially as we all now have the warm brushed cotton sheets on our beds. Snuggly.

The boys got up at their usual early hour and Huffle and I got a sleep in. We all had breakfast, skyped Grandma and Grandad briefly and then got ready and we all biked to the hairdressers. Huffle stayed outside and pumped up our tyres. When we walked in the hairdresser said "oh your appointment was yesterday!" WAS IT? HOW DID I GET THAT WRONG? Anyway, she had a cancellation at that particular time so she cut the boys hair. I also forgot my phone which is the second day in a row - not like me at all! while I wasin the hairdressers I realised I also forgot to take the boys to their swimming lessons. OH DEAR! We cycled back home. Huffle and the boys skyped Grandma and Grandad again while I went upstairs and crafted. I finished my imp. Mrs Royal came and visited and brought the boys some traditional Salt Water Taffy from her holiday and she bought me some lovely soap with little sheep on it and a gorgeous handmade pin cushion. Ahhh lovely.

The boys played on the Wii and Huffle went and raked the leaves. The boys and I joined him.

The boys and my imp
There were many. We raked, carried, threw, picked up lots and lots of leaves.

The boys hid in them, made a den, chucked them at each other. They had a great time.

They are both under those leaves somewhere
Ahhh there is Small's hood and Smallest's hair!
There they are
Huffle raking
By the time we finished, we were very hungry so we came in, got changed and went and had a fish and chip dinner in Whitby. It was just the job. I forgot my phone AGAIN!


Next we went and looked in Homesense and bought a new whistling kettle for our new Range that is due beginning of December. A kettle is the most important thing we need to have. Then we went and looked at the mattresses. Small desperately needs a new one. You can feel the springs in his. We found one (he got to try out a lot), bought it and then squashed it and the kids in the car and drove home.


We put the mattress on his bed and Small lay on it and read the end of his Harry Potter book so that we could watch the film. Huffle and I started putting the Table Tennis together. Smallest helped. It was tricky and we wished Grandad was there to help. The previous owners hadn't made things any easier by not putting some things in the right place and mislaid one or two screws but we got there in the end. The kids watched Harry Potter until it was ready and then we completely moved the basement around so we could fit it in. Then we moved everything back to the way it was before because it made more sense. We had a few knock abouts but it was the boys bedtime, they were tired, we were tired, they were grumpy, we were getting grumpy. We left the basement. I put the kids to bed and read to them. Huffle made our tea. We sat and watched Elementary.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have u thought of investing in a leaf blower? Would save so much time and energy. Love the leaf pictures though, esp those with the boys in. As for forgetting one or two things, welcome to the pre-dementia club! x