Thursday 29 November 2012

Excellent Hair Day

Huffle and I woke up at 5am to an owl hooting. It didn't bother me, it was quite nice. I also heard a trap go off somewhere. Eeeuuuugghhh.

It was icy cold this morning.

The boys went off to school.

I rushed about getting ready and then went to the assembly. I got to sit on the front row. Smallest got called up to collect a ribbon for reading 20 times in November and then again for Excellence and Improvement in Reading.

Small got up to receive an award for Excellence in French. I am very proud.

I rushed out of the assembly before it finished so I could meet Mrs Royal and get to the hairdressers. It was a long drive but we had a good chat on the way. We were actually early. We got to have a good chat with 'Smoothie'. We ate our pre-prepared sandwiches, jam tarts and coffee and then later after our hair was cut we tried her brownies. yum yum. We got ourselves some lovely haircuts.

We left there and drove home. I got back with about fifteen minutes to spare before picking the boys up. I grabbed their library books, and went off to pick them up. I went into the office so the secretary could let them know not to get on the bus. I stopped Small and told him to wait for me. I went to Smallest's class to get him but he wasn't there, his teacher said he had already been sent to the office. There was no way he could have got past me so I walked back to the office and they put a call out for him to come back to the office. I saw him walking from the opposite direction. Somehow, the teacher had let him out (but she didn't know!) and he was waiting for the bus. He said he was told to go to the bus. DOH.

We went in the school library and looked at the Book Fair. The books the kids wanted were ridiculous so I said No. Smallest wanted a Star Wars Origami book (oh I wonder who would have to fold those then?). We went off to the library in the Hamlet. Picked up some books and came home. The boys wanted to play on the Wii and emptied their bags and the dishwasher for me and then played together. I got their dinner, filled the dishwasher and Skyped LizzieDotDot.

The kids ate their dinner, Huffle came home (he had already eaten at lunchtime). I had my dinner. The boys played on the Wii. When they started arguing, we stopped the Wii and they brought a game up instead. We all played Ticket to Ride. Huffle won.

Small soaked his feet in Epsom Salts because he was complaining of sore heels again. They went to bed.

Huffle and I cycled, played on the Wii and then had a cup of tea in front of the TV while I soaked my feet.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done the boys, good to see them award collecting. Hope Small's heels ok. Cousin Pest off 2c Chinese lady agin today, will let you know how he gets on x