Monday 19 November 2012

What does a dodant do?

Today, one year ago, we had a leaving party at Grandma and Grandad's. I was reading back this morning on earlier blog posts. It makes interesting reading.

 

I'm glad Helen (I'm a Celebrity) listened to me yesterday and pulled her socks up and got on with the task. She did a fabulous job. Now I'm wondering, did she put it on before or has she really just turned over a new leaf? Whatever it is, it makes it a damn site more entertaining and for that I thank you.

Huffle and Small left for work/school and Smallest had a bath while I had a shower. When I came out of the shower I heard a beep beep beep beep beep. I shouted to Smallest WHAT IS THAT NOISE "oh it's the smoke alarm" he said, happily pouring water from one cup into another. WHAT? I ran downstairs and found I had left the kettle boiling (without the whistle down), it had burned dry and was starting to burn the bottom of the kettle. OH MY GOD. What is wrong with me? I could've set the house on fire! I had to throw the kettle away, thank goodness it wasn't the new one we just bought for the new Cooker!

Smallest cuddled up to me today and said "What is that smell under your armpit Mummy?" IS IT A NICE SMELL OR HORRIBLE? "nice" he said. OH WELL THAT'S MY DEODORANT THEN! "What does a dodant do?" IT STOPS ME SMELLING BAD!

Smallest and I went out and did a quick shop. He was very helpful. Then we went to the Post Office to post two letters and a small parcel. We bumped into 'Sporty Spice' which was lovely because we haven't seen her for ages. She called Smallest a 'Cutie Patootie'. He has been saying it all afternoon. We promised to pop round for a cup of tea soon.

We came home. Had lunch, skyped Moo, put the shopping away and I started on my Vegetable Lasagne for the Garden Club's Pot Luck Dinner. I have heard there will be wine there and I have already been offered a lift - Phew!

Small and I played 3D Snakes and Ladders and did a puzzle and then he helped me make Meatballs. Small came home and did his homework. The boys played on the Wii and I joined them briefly. Huffle came home early. All the boys had their dinner while I finished cooking my lasagne. I have run out of foil and have no idea how I am supposed to keep it covered and hot until I take it to the Royals who are giving me a lift.

Small carried on with a bit more homework, Smallest got ready for Beavers. I made myself look gorgeous (okay so I did nothing much!).

Huffle took Smallest to Beavers with Small in tow. I walked to the Royals carrying my heavy Lasagne which I stupidly made in my really heavy lasagne dish and then put the dish in a really heavy duty tin with a tin lid. Doh. Mr Royal drove us there (Mrs Royal, myself and Drew). There was a really big table set up with a Christmas tablecoth, centre pieces of greenery and candles, a big table where the main food was being put, another with lovely desserts, a soup and a chilli.

There were lots of rice dishes - all very nice and very different, a chickpea curry, potato dish, Greek salad, a lovely orzo salad (from Mrs Royal), some meat dishes. I asked what was what so I would know what I could eat and I was told 'that probably doesn't have meat in it, that's chicken so that's alright, I doubt that's got meat in'. It was obvious that I was the only Vegetarian there. In the end, someone got up and asked if each dish had meat 'because we have a Vegetarian here!' IT'S NOT A DISEASE! One woman said to me, I've only just put the bacon in at the end so you could pick it out. NO I COULDN'T!

The food was lovely. I sat with Mrs Royal, Drew, Mr Royal, a welsh woman and a woman who was born in England and her husband who wasn't. The wine flowed well thanks to Mr Royal. There was a silent auction. All the things were beautifully presented, baskets, bird houses, tea caddies, ornaments, tea cups, scarves, lots of different things. The bidding had to start at $2 and go up in increments of $2. I didn't bid on anything, there were lots of elements of different baskets I liked but nothing I wanted to pay much for overall. Then there was the raffle. You bought raffle tickets and put them in a pot next to thing you wanted to win. Again they were beautifully presented, wrapped in cellophane and bows. I didn't win anything. I wanted the one with the pretty teapot in.

They picked out people's names for the table decorations, there were lots of thank you'd and a run down of what will be happening at the Garden club next year.

We all picked up our pots (mine was very nearly all gone) and I got a few people tell me the Lasagne was very nice. One woman asked me how I made it.

Mr Royal drove us home. The back door was locked but all the lights were on. Huffle said he wasn't going to bed before I got in but he was nowhere to be found. I went upstairs and found him in the bath watching Taladega Nights (a will ferrel comedy), sweet wrappers on the side (a Werthers, a Murray mint and 2 jammy dodgers), there was also a teaspoon on top of the toilet. WHAT IS THE SPOON FOR? I asked. "Oh I had a mousse". IN THE BATH? "No, while I was waiting for the bath to fill up". I tell you, he lives the high life.

We are sitting in bed watching I'm a Celebrity on YouTube - thank you YouTubers, sipping tea and eating Drew's lemon squares. Ummmmmmm.

Smallest has decided he wants his own blog. I am considering creating them a blog between them, that they can add to when they like. WATCH THIS SPACE. they will probably get more followers than me!

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What. Brilliant idea, a boys' blog, my first smile of the day when I read it. Glad u enjoyed the dinner and Happy Anniversary everybody, what a long way you have come in just one year. xx