Wednesday 21 November 2012

Ugh-a-bug-a-tug-a-rug*

Another night's sleep broken by that bloody water softener. Huffle has now changed the time so we are hoping it will go off at 5am when I should be dozing nicely. Please work, I am soooo very tired.

Huffle went off to work, also tired because I woke him - sorry Huffle. Small went off to school. Smallest and I had breakfast together, got washed and changed and then played on the Wii - we played tennis and golf. We played a bit of table tennis and then Bop It - we did really well and got quite a high score as a team. By mid-morning (as I was starting to fall asleep) we decided to have lunch at the cafe on the Hamlet. Huffle wanted me to book his car in at the garage to get his winter tyres put on so I thought we could do that too. Smallest biked to start with. He has totally lost his confidence and insisted on me holding the back of his coat - I let to a few times but didn't tell him. He wobbled all over the place and his trainers kept slipping off the pedals. He got bored so went back and swapped his bike for his trust old scooter. He scooted far ahead of me which meant I had many chances to take photographs without him moaning at me. It was really foggy this morning.

Wintry fog over the field
Black squirrel running away from me and up a tree

Sumac trees in the fog

Oh look one of those seed heads again (I have been reliably informed by Mary Ann that this is a milkweed - go and have a look at her blog, there is a cool video to watch)

Love this tree - such great bark

When we were nearly there, we rang the school and asked if we could take Small out for lunch. They rang him and he was ready for us by the time we had walked there. He was very surprised and said it was a nice treat. we walked to the cafe, had lunch and then walked Small back to school. We had a quick chat to the Principal about snow in England and then walked backwards and forwards for about fifteen minutes looking for a glove I had lost - we found it eventually.

We booked Huffle's car in at the garage and walked slowly home.

The sun had come out, the fog had cleared and this was a picture of the same Sumacs with a glorious sky behind.

I took this photo by accident. Is that my halo?

Smallest's little legs were tired and I was just tired (have I mentioned that?). We skyped Moo on the way and showed her the field that they were going to build houses on and then we popped into the Royals. Smallest read a book to Mr Royal and I had a cup of tea with Mrs Royal.

Ugh-a-bug-a-tug-a-rug* was his favourite line to read from the book that the Royals gave him.

We left them and went home. We played some more Wii and table tennis and then Small came home. He wanted his friend to come over so he rang him, his mum brought mover and the three boys played in the basement (mainly in the Wii). They came up to the kitchen for a drink and then we all played Lego Creationary. I drove him home and the boys had their tea in front of Harry Potter II.

Huffle came home. I went for a walk with Drew and Mrs Royal. The moon was amazing.

We walked around the Hamlet looking at all the Christmas decorations.

I came home. The boys had finished their film and were watching TV. Small went and did a bit of homework in his bedroom and while Huffle and I had dinner, Smallest did a puzzle or two.
We have had lots of lovely comments from people wishing us a Happy One Year here. Thank you all, it has helped knowing you are there and commenting every now and then, some of you everyday. I hope we have been a little bit entertaining. Thanks also to those of you that have commented on the boys' blog - I never pushed them to write it today, if they want to, they will, it may be a two day short lived thing or an every now and then one. Who knows? I am trying to get Huffle to write one now too! (Editors note from Huffle - he is too tired to do that every day)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely to read boys blog, no doubt it will b now and then but that's fine. Good luck getting Huffle to do, he could be a guest now and the on your blog perhaps. Beautiful photos, and again a gorgeous blue sky. Lets hope Huffle wrong and you don't have a hard winter. When does Moo come out? Grandma and I did double discount day yesterday at Asda, we spent lots but it was good, we both did well Grandma esp enjoyed spending Grandad's money!!