Sunday 25 November 2012

Pyjama Day

It snowed again last night, but only a small sprinkling. It covered the drive and roof but not the roads. Smallest came in at 7:30 to ask if he could get up, but as he didn't go to bed until 10pm, we sent him back to bed. The boys ended up getting up properly at 8 ish. They were very noisy and we only managed to stay in bed till just before 9. Luxury.

We all had breakfast and the boys wrote a list of what they wanted to play today. It was a long list and as we decided to stay in our pyjamas all day we got on with the list straight away. We started with Wii and played Super Mario Brothers. Our remotes ran out of charge after about half an hour so we left them charging and went and played Disney Monopoly. Small won that and Huffle was bankrupt. My choice was next. On my list was cutting the boys toe nails and trying on snow gear to make sure they fit. - hey, I know how to party.

Huffle's choice was table football next. Smallest and I got a quick practice in first, then Smallest and I played against Huffle and Small. They won (only just). We stopped for lunch and finished off our film from yesterday. Then we played Monopoly Deal, Pig goes Pop and Carcassonne. We sent the kids off for showers and Huffle and I started making pastry. Once the kids were clean they helped make Mince Pies (I know it's early but I found some mincemeat and I wanted Huffle to see if it was any good). We also made a few jam tarts as well. We have extra pastry left for Smallest and I to make more tomorrow if we want.

The boys thought they were the best ever! Huffle said it was different mincemeat to what we would have had in England but he likes it.

Huffle 'fed' the Christmas Cake

We made dinner, abandoned the playing list as the boys were starting to fight. They played in their own rooms for a bit while we sorted dinner and then we all ate together. Huffle and I had a couple of games of table tennis and he beat me easily. The more he beat me, the more I got annoyed, and the more I lost, the more I wanted to play. In the end we got interrupted by Smallest who wanted to play too. After three games, Smallest played with Huffle and then with me.

Apart from a brief moment where we all danced to the Bear Cha Cha Cha, the boys watched some TV and had an early night.

 

Mr & Mrs Royal are proud new Grandparents and went to pick him up from the airport yesterday. Little cutie.

Doesn't she look proud?

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a busy day, you make me dizzy just thinking about all that activity! Glad snow not too bad.