Thursday 22 November 2012

Painted Foot

Last night, Huffle and I watched The Voice. It was hilarious. Ceelo Green and his team of three other men (including our favourite that we call Jesus) sang Staying Alive.
 
The water softener didn't wake us last night, a loud bang and a crash woke us at 2am. We both got out of bed to investigate. We couldn't find anything at all - curious. Luckily I went back to sleep straight away, Huffle didn't. He was awake until 3.30am. Oh dear, he will be tired today.

Huffle caught another mouse.

Smallest had to take something in to school that had the letter i in it. A soft i not a hard i. He chose Tissue. He put his tissue in his important bag and then asked me how to spell it. I asked him how he thought it was spelt and he said t-i-s-h-u. When I told him how to spell it correctly I said to pretend he was very posh in England and say "please could you pass me a tissue". He thought this was very funny. All the boys went off today leaving me to paint the cupboards. I had breakfast, rang the podiatrist number that the doctor gave me a few weeks ago (as it is no better), had a shower and just as I was taking my hair out of my towel, Grandma skyped me. We chatted for a while and then I spoke to Grandad. The phone rang while they were talking to me and I left them online while I answered. It was the Podiatrist. He asked for the best number to ring me on and I said SHALL I GIVE YOU MY CELL? I could hear Grandma giggling in the background and I knew I would be in trouble for speaking Canadian! When I hung up, she made fun of me and said that not only did I say a Canadian thing (Cell not mobile) but that I said it in a Canadian accent. I DID NOT! Anyway, I do have an appointment for next week to have my foot assessed and if I need orthotics, they will mould and make them for me.

I got on with painting the cupboards, unscrewing hinges, painting a bit, screwing up hinges, painting a bit more. It's getting there, however, it now shows up the horrible tiles on the splash backs. They are greeny yellowy, and the walls are a taupe. Something has to change.

I had my lunch, watched a bit of TV, put my feet up, tidied up the kitchen, made the Christmas cake. While I was in the basement looking for the tin for the cake, I noticed broken mugs on the floor, a fallen shelf and a lopsided cupboard. Ahhhh that's what the bang crash was last night. I cleared it all up, luckily there were only three broken mugs. Could've been a lot worse as there were mugs, glasses, vases and glass trifle bowls in there.

I left the cake baking and went upstairs to the caft room, finished off some Christmas stuff up there and skyped LizzieDotDot. I got to play 'noises' with Bernard. He is lovely.

By the time she went off and had her dinner and fed Bernard, it was time for me to take the cake out of the oven. It smelt delicious (even though I don't like it).

All ready for copious amounts of alcohol feeding.

I tidied up a bit on my craft table and got the Iibrary books together and went and fetched the boys from school. Smallest's teacher took me aside and said that next Thursday Smallest would get an award (I think for reading or leading I'm not sure which). I asked Smallest about his tissue and he was laughing because he couldnt bring it home as his teacher needed to use it! he he he. We got to the car and I realised I had forgotten the library books, so we drove home, collected the books and drove back to the library. We got some new books and came home. Small had homework which he moaned about a lot but got it done in the end. Smallest played on the IPad and then the three of us had dinner together. Huffle was due in later because he was interviewing, but in actual fact he came in earlier because he cut the interview short! Don't fancy their chances of getting the job!

I walked with Drew, came home, played on the Wii with the boys for five minutes and then it was bedtime. Huffle read to them and we tucked them in.

We played a couple of games of table tennis and I whooped Huffle's ass. He thinks he's so good but in reality, I am the king!!!!!!

 

 

 

No comments: