Monday 12 November 2012

The arm bone's connected to the.................

Huffle and Small went off this morning leaving Smallest and I behind. While I was having my breakfast, Smallest made a skeleton (he brought it home from school to finish here).

I love the fact that he has put an arm coming out of the ribs.

Then we played the fishing game (a very old favourite, that is so well worn, we created all the fish ourselves and added paperclips).

Smallest went on the IPad and put the games away while I got washed and dressed. We went to the post office and found it was shut! So we went to a supermarket and did some shopping. Smallest was very good and helpful. Next we went to Shoppers DrugMart and used their Post Office. One of my packages was for a blogging friend and the man behind the counter asked "what is in the package?" A KNITTED CHRISTMAS TREE I said. He didn't even react. Like it was the most often posted thing ever! Then we went next door to the Beer Store and bought some small bottles of Brandy and Disarronno. the Brandy is for our Christmas Cake and the Disaronno is for a scrumptious pudding I have to make 'Warm Amaretto Pudding'. Umm delicious. Normally I would 'borrow' Grandad's Disaronno but it's a bit too far these days.

This Christmas Tree hat played a tune. It was very funny.

We came home, skyped Grandma and Madamme Courvoissier. Smallest read to them and then Grandma made up a story about Santa, Mushy Peas and Reindeer. (Smallest's own recollection of the story is: Santa and Mrs Santa went to buy some fish and chips for dinner. ...........mushy peas in a bowl and they left it and the reindeers came to eat ............they were really busy making the toys (Santa, Elves Mrs Santa), they got tired and that's the end!)

Smallest had his lunch in front of the TV. We played on the Wii and then he had a bath while I prepared dinner. I read a story to him and he read a story to me. He coloured. I cooked. We played 'Old MacDonald' another favourite and then did a puzzle. One piece missing (again) so we put it away and then found a piece. We made the puzzle again and apiece was missing again. So we put it away and found another piece, this time we were bored of it so we just put it all away. Hopefully it WAS the missing piece.

Small came home and we all went on the Wii in between me popping off and checking the dinner. The boys had theirs first and I waited for Huffle to come home. It rained all afternoon and evening. Drew and I cancelled our walk. I took Smallest to Beavers and came home. Huffle bought a computer (ours is very very very slow), he got a good deal through someone he knows. He set the computer up while I helped Small on the Wii and then went and picked Smallest up from Beavers. They had coloured in and made a parachute man which they were sailing down the stairs when I arrived. They played a charades game and then sang a goodbye song. Smallest's hat is too big and keeps getting in his eyes. Needs to grow Daddy ears!

Dib dib
Huffle put the boys to bed and read them their stories. Huffle and I are going to sit with our pot of tea and see if we can find I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of here.

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't see our Beavers in those 'stylish' hats! You can't beat a good cap. Do they gave woggles for scarves? Interesting that countries have such different takes on uniforms. There were loads marching Sunday for the remembrance parade, it was good, lots of memories when the bugler was playing,HB said the same.