Monday 5 November 2012

Remember Remember the 5th November (tomorrow)

TEMP 0* : lowest -4* (Brrrrrrrr - time to get out snow stuff).

Lovely long sleep for everyone. Once Huffle and Small were sent off to work/school, Smallest and I had our breakfast and then I called Toyota. Yesterday I noticed some warning lights on my car. I thought it was telling me to put oil in but then the 4WD light and VSC light came on. I looked them up in the manual and it said 'return vehicle to dealer immediately'. Oh No! What now. I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow mid morning and it will cost me $105 plus tax for them to plug it into the computer to find out what is wrong. In the meantime I'm not to drive too much in it as they are not sure what the problem is. It turns out it wasn't an oil light on but an engine light indicating there is a problem with the engine.

Smallest seems a lot brighter today. Eating better and his voice is slightly noisier. While he watched some TV, I painted the edges of the doors and one drawer (which was silly because it is in the way and I have already stuck my dressing gown to it, reaching for the toaster!).

Smallest had a bath. He read a book to me with some very difficult words, he is doing very well. We played on the Wii for a while and I cycled at the same time (lost count though how many km's). We had lunch and watched Toy Story.

While The Royals are away, I have been having their newspapers. They are thrown onto their drive in a plastic bag and the bag is great for putting on Small's arm when he has a shower or bath. I have to admit, I don't always go everyday so Drew picks them up for me. So after lunch we went and picked up one from the Royal's drive and two from Drew's porch. Too many papers to read. We also picked up our post. We had a lovely Thank you from Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc, a cheque from TASCO for the Inspection - yaaayy, a letter from Toyota recalling my car because of a faulty switch. So I rang them again and asked if my visit to them tomorrow called include the recall. It can. Well thats something. Talking of The Royals, (I think we were at some point), we had a photo of Charleston where they are now.

They actually tried to Skype me but our Internet has been playing up today. We skyped Moo when we mended it. She watched Smallest play on the IPad and he showed her his sock puppet.

Just had an interesting phone call. A man asking me about our fridge that we bought. The warranty is almost up on it and he wanted to know if we wanted to buy more warranty. NO THANK YOU. Can I ask why not? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PAY ANY MORE MONEY. ahh but it's only....... NO THANK YOU. Are you sure? YES IM SURE. well do you have a Heating system YES WE DO. Do you have warranty for that? I DON'T KNOW. would like to buy a warranty for it? NO THANK YOU (IM CHUCKLING NOW) can I ask you why? SAME REASON, LOOK MY HUSBAND DEALS WITH WARRANTIES. oh okay, have a nice day then. THANKS YOU TOO. At least he made me laugh.

Smallest and I played Hide and Seek in the house, played Guess Who and then he did some writing and drawing while I got some dinner ready. We thought we were going to a bonfire night tonight for the Cubs and Beavers but it turns out it is tomorrow night instead. Small came home and did his homework and Smallest carried on Colouring in his new Lego magazine.

Smallest being a floor angel

They had their dinner and Huffle came home (early). Huffle has had some issues with the Air Conditioning at work. He is constantly tired and we are hoping it isn't connected! The results of an air conditioning test is due to come through very soon.

I rang the doctors to ask for Smallest's test results but they were still pending.

I walked with Drew, not as much as we normally would because of my foot and she is still getting over a bad cold/cough. it was really cold. We had hats, gloves and scarves on. When I got home Small was just going in the bath and Smallest was running from the bathroom to us to send messages. I think Smallest is definitely feeling better. Huffle and I had a good chat. Huffle went and washed Small and Smallest and I played on the Wii and it wasn't long before Small joined us too. Huffle went on the bike and cycled 6km. We'll be doing the Tour de France soon.

Huffle put the boys to bed, I tidied the kitchen and made a lovely pot of tea. While I was making the tea, I read the paper. This story jumped out at me.

It's the fact that they have to mention that they weren't playing cricket. Is that necessary? Slightly hilarious though.

 

No comments: