Friday 2 November 2012

Poorly Smallest

A terrible night's sleep. Smallest woke several times. An 'accident'. His sore throat. Bad dreams. I was hot one minute and then cold the next. Small burst in at 7:45 shouting "quick get up get up" which woke Smallest again. I put him back to bed in our bed and went down and got Small his breakfast and made his lunch. Smallest came down and couldn't speak, so I put him on the sofa wrapped him in a blanket, gave him some Smoothie and put the TV on. He will not be going to school tomorrow.

I cancelled my morning coffee with my friend, cancelled the knitting group and prepared to have a day in the sick house. I did do my exercises on my foot last night and again this morning. I am planning on going for a walk this evening if Drew is available.

Then, as I was putting the recycling out (it was cold 1*), it started snowing. BRRRRRRRR.

I had an email from The Royals a few days ago and forgot to add their report. So here goes...."Well here we are in beautiful Nova Scotia. New England stops were cancelled so we went to Newfoundland instead. We have had great weather . Not sure where we are going next its all a magical mystery tour". How exciting.

Aunt Pear skyped us and we had a good chat but bad Internet connection halted the call. Smallest and I drove to the walk-in clinic and we saw the same nurse as yesterday (in facts he wrote on the notes about me coming in yesterday - probably think I am some doctor loving nutcase!). They swabbed Smallest's throat and he has a bit if Strep Throat but they have sent a swab away to check it. If it comes back positive in 48 hours then we have a prescription to get him some antibiotics. He is hoping it will just be a cold and go away after the weekend. Poor Smallest has a birthday party to go to on Saturday afternoon and he is upset that he might not be ale to go.

Anyone who has a cough, sore throat or flu like symptoms has to wear a mask in there. Look at his poorly looking eyes.

We came home and sat on the sofa and watched Beauty and the Beast (our favourite film to watch when Smallest is ill). We had lunch. (The doctor prescribed him ice cream and ice poles!).

I skyped Moo and she told me all about her trip to Leicester. Then I started to make our dinner (Turkey Stew and Vegetable Stew) and skyped LizzieDotDot. We had a good chat. We arranged for Small to Skype Bomberdill when he got home from school. Small came home and skyped him.

Mrs Chappo skyped me and we had a good chat too. I think the last time we skyped was Christmas Eve as we were walking in the forest. We thought we should do that every year. While I was talking to her Yahoo tried to Skype me. I skyped Yahoo when I finished talking to Mrs Chappo and we put the world to rights.

Yahoo's Lovely Halloween Little Tators

I had a lovely email from my friend 'SJill'. I had a lovely message from NoCustard and Mrs Burlington. i had a nice chat with Drew. Everyone has been so very nice. I NOW KNOW HOW TO GET YOU LOT TO SKYPE, MESSAGE EMAIL ETC. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TO TAKE ME TO HAVE A MELTDOWN TO SPEAK TO YOU. Only joking, it was lovely to see, speak and hear from you all.

Huffle came home and we all had dinner together. Small tentatively ate all his stew (a mix of veggie stew with gravy), Smallest said he couldn't eat his, he didn't like it, but we made him eat as much of it as possible. Then they had ice cream (as prescribed by the doctor).

The boys and I played on the Wii. I cycled 3km on the bike and Huffle cycled 4km and then put the boys to bed. Small has started reading The Hobbit in preparation for the film coming out. Poor Smallest didnt want a story tonight, he has hardly any voice, he has a honky cough and it hurts to swallow. Should I get his antibiotics before I get the results. Can he wait until Monday? Hopefully he will sleep well tonight.

I put some of the kitchen doors back on. Then we sat and drank tea and watched TV.

I am fine now. It's the weekend. It was just a blip.

 

 

3 comments:

Mrs BB said...

Muffin had Strep Throat last year. She was not allowed to return to school until 24 hours after starting anti-biotics. The meds worked really quickly and she was ready to return the following day.

Glad this post was more upbeat. Keep smiling lovely xx

famfa said...

Small had it here too. I don't think our school is as strict as yours. It's horrible to see them poorly x

Mrs BB said...

I know. Our doctor did a throat swab and we got a result while we waited and took away a prescription with us. She was able to start meds straight, none of this wait 48 hours business. Hope he starts to feel better soon xx