Wednesday 7 November 2012

SHAME

Last night, for the bonfire, we all wore our thermal underwear. It's November. What are we going to do in December and January? On the radio today the DJ was saying 'I wish we could hibernate until May'. MAY? I don't remember winter being so long last year?

I was sitting reading the newspaper this morning (Small and Huffle gone), I had a phone call (before 9am), telling me that the house that is due for demolition has activity going on there today. I said I had Smallest with me today and we agreed it was not a place for a child to be. I said I would drive past later and they asked if I would honk my horn. Smallest and I had our breakfast, he had a bath while I had a shower (yesterday we had a note home saying there were nits about again), I checked his hair (clear) and then we played on the Wii. Then we had a game of Prehistoric Park (still a favourite). Smallest won.

We got ourselves dressed for outside and went out in the car. First we drove past the old house due for demolition.

Apparently they have left it abandoned and unloved for twenty years. The people demonstrating there (we stopped to talk to them) said it was hard to get people fired up about a derelict house, but the history of this place is amazing. I explained to Smallest what it was all about. At first he said it would be good to have an airport nearby so we didn't have to drive all the way to the airport to pick visitors up, but when I pointed out the beautiful countryside that would have to go and the lovely trees and all the amazing creatures that lived there, he soon decided he was against it. He mainly felt sorry for the worms that would lose their homes!

We left the demonstrators and honked plenty as we went past. We then drove to a supermarket and picked up something for dinner for the next few days and came home for lunch. In the supermarket the lady at the checkout said "oooh women would die for your hair". He said in a bored voice "yes I know, lots". She said "you have the kind of hair girls would love to run their hands through - when you're older". At this Smallest's face dropped and he looked horrified. I told him not to listen. She said "you'll love that when you're older!". poor Smallest, he is fed up with people talking about his hair, his accent and his 'cute as a button!'. The woman said we should sell his hair. Smallest said "I'd like to get rid of it all".

Smallest sat in front of the TV with his while I emailed, blogged and caught up with some crocheting.

Yahoo skyped us. She had a lovely little chat with Smallest and then we had a good chat (when she wasn't hanging up on me while she spoke to more important people!!).

Smallest and I played on the Wii again (we are dedicated to Mario Bros) and he got stomach ache, so bad that he couldn't stand up. I made him lie down for a while and then he was fine. So we carried on playing and then it got bad again. He went and put his Taekwondo suit on and laid in front of the TV. He said it was still bad, so I rang the school and asked them to tell Small to get on the bus and come home as Smallest was poorly and wouldn't be doing Taekwondo today. Five minutes later he was fine (I'm convinced it was wind!) so he got his clothes back on (I made him change into something comfier), and we ran to the car. I left a note for Small telling him to stay put and I would be home in five minutes (just in case he came home before I got to school). We pulled into the car park, just behind the bus that small was on.

One of the teachers saw me, looked at the bus, pointed to the bus as if to say "do you want me to get Small off?" I nodded and jumped out of the car. They just managed to get him off the bus before it was leaving. Small shouted "I was told to get on the bus!" I KNOW I KNOW BUT YOUR BROTHER HAD A TUMMY ACHE AND THEN HE DIDN'T, LETS GET INSIDE BEFORE WE MISS TAEKWONDO". We were in time for the lesson. Small took his homework but I'm not sure how much of it was done as he was too busy watching Smallest. Their Master was talking to them about the importance of reading. smallest put up his hand and said "my brother is reading The Hobbit". "Good" said the Master. "But what are you reading?" "Oh something very hard" he said.

At the end of the lesson I handed Smallest his clothes and asked him to get dressed and I was holding his belt with his four 'power clips' on. (They get given paper clips for good work and behaviour, once you have a certain amount, you get a black power clip and then ten power clips and you get a badge). Anyway, I dropped the belt and when we went back it was gone, I hope someone picked it up for us.

We had a chat with Small's teacher from last year - lovely lady. Then we drove home. I made dinner with the help of Smallest while Small finished his homework. Huffle came home and I went and walked with Drew. We checked in on The Royals house and all was good. We had a good walk and a good chat.

When I got home all of the boys were in the basement playing Mario Bros. The kids were very excited because they were on a new bit and they needed my help. Huffle wanted me to take over from him as he is not happy playing this game - it confuses him! Huffle cycled over 5 km's. I did 5 km's too today. We are working on being able to cycle to our local town which is 9km's away (apart from the fact that our basement is flat and the road to the town is very hilly!). We got to a new part and then our dinner was ready so we left the boys to it.

They watched a tiny bit of TV and went to bed. Smallest is recovering really well but I still haven't heard back from the doctors - not impressed, I don't think they've even sent the swab off! Small is now complaining of a sore throat so I sent him up with salt water and he is gargling with it before he has some pain killer. He says some blood came up but that the gargling made him feel better. "REST AND SLEEP IS WHAT YOU NEED". "Ha" he says, "that's just what Daddy said!" Ah it must be true then!!!!!!

Huffle still hasn't got the results back yet from the air conditioning report - should be the end of the week.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please don't cut his hair short, it's so lovely, so Smallest. Hope Small doesn't catch the throat infect; how's his thumb coming along? x

famfa said...

I will never cut his hair short whatever anyone says but I fear when he is old enough to have it how he wants, it will ALL go!! Thumb okay, cast off tomorrow. X