Thursday 2 April 2015

A shotgun is the wrong thing to break in with!

This morning was the first one, in what seems like ages, that I haven't had to rush out of the house as soon as the kids are on the bus. I had a lovely slow breakfast watching a bit of Poldark (who I didn't love at first but now find him quite scrummy). I spent most of the morning sweeping, swiffing and mopping and then spent a lovely hour sewing another piece of my quilt whilst listening to Radio One.

After a quick lunch, I walked in the sunshine (16*) to school (wearing a cardi and no coat) for the award assembley. It should have started at 12:50 but of course it didn't start till much later. Small got his award first for 'consistently demonstrating the trait of responsibility'

.....and Smallest got his award for 'Improved Organisation'.

Bless, am so very proud of them both. Small should have been presented again for his Science Olympics award but they didn't do it. I was disappointed as I had to sit though a presentation about Heart and Stroke when I should have been cheering on my hardworking big bear, but he said it didn't matter. I said before that his team got 3rd out of 32 teams but it was actually 62 teams and one of the teachers came and said to me today that he worked really hard and was great in it. Awwwww. Apparantly he has been on the TV news and in the newspaper.

I walked home, picked up my bag and drove out to the supermarket as someone reminded me that all shops were closed tomorrow and I promised the boys an Easter Egg hunt this weekend. The place was rammed full of shoppers so I was as quick as I could be and came home. Then it rained for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Small had a collage poster to do for his homework and I helped him with that and Smallest's friend Malcolm came over to play. Huffle was in the office today and came home in time to help me with dinner. After dinner we played Robin Hood again but had to change the rules as we have all worked out how to stop everyone else winning and that means we never finish a game! Still fun though.

I have been informed by my new Canadian Interpreter (you know who you are) that the game that Smallest was playing against the chimney or wall is actually called Red Ass but the kids call it Red Butt (still don't know why though), think it may be something to do with spelling out the words like HORSE which is something Huffle played at school. All I remember playing is Kiss Chase and that has nothing to do with spelling ha ha - typical!

 

1 comment:

AA said...

Hands off Aiden Turner please, I've been a fan since Being Human. When I visit, remind me to tell you about my Aiden Turner reward weekend...

xxx