Wednesday 29 April 2015

Potting About

Small decided to wake us up this morning at 6:30am instead of 7:30am! Wombat! We struggled to get much more sleep after that and Huffle didn't sleep well because of the wind (outside not inside, now that Grandad has gone ha ha).

The boys went to school after applying sun cream much to their annoyance, after all "it is only April" Small said. Oh well that's okay then! The temperatures were up to 22* with bright sunshine. Huffle and I even had our lunch on the porch and I managed a cup of tea on there mid morning.

We both did a little bit in the garden today. I filled the cedar pot with leaves, leaf mould, ash from the fire pit and compost and Sheep poo and then planted the Alberta Spruce in there after Huffle had moved it for me. I watered a few plants and potted up some succulents from last year. Huffle planted some poppies from the nursery and a few of our newly bought plants and dug some of the side near where the new path is going.

I love it when the bulbs start shooting through the dead leaves.

After lunch I went to pottery and made what was supposed to be a Bird House. It started as a round shape and I cut out a heart for the bird to nest in but when I tried to make a perch it resembled a tongue so I made it into a frog which then turned into something else. I'm sure it will scare th birds away but I I know it will make the boys laugh.

With the small amount of time and clay I had left over, I made a tea bag dish to put tea bags in when you take them out of your cup. I had a lovely time but I struggled a bit with my shoulder, think I may have done too much this morning when I was supposed to be resting.

On the way home I did a quick shop and picked up something for dinner tonight. When I got home the boys were back and playing on their tablets after sorting their bags and doing a chore. Huffle had the football on in the background. Leicester lost BOOOOO!

I made dinner, we ate dinner and then Small, Huffle and I peddled around the garden putting in a couple of plants and watering while Smallest was in the shower. Huffle took Small to basketball and Smallest and I played on the Wii.

The house is very quiet without Grandma and Grandad who incidentally got home safe and sound.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTY A - We are going to have a birthday here for her.

 

No comments: