Friday 24 April 2015

You've let Showaddywaddy down!

This was the view out of our window is morning.....

The boys argued with me about wearing a coat for school, despite the temperature being -6* (with windchill). Huffle assures me that this is the end of the bad weather and the following week we will be back in double figures.

Huffle went in to the Bunker and we left Grandad having breakfast of week old pancakes! Grandma and I went off to pick up The English Rose and we all went to knitting. ShopkeeperEl wasn't there today and there were only a few of us around the table with Nurse looking after us. Grandma crocheted flowers and I managed to knit a whole toe of Hb's sock. Earlier, Grandma was skyping Madam Courvoisier and MC mentioned that I spend all my time undoing my knitting. I was determined to prove her wrong today but I did indeed make a mistake and ended up ripping out the whole toe. So annoying.

Our intention was to go for lunch straight after knitting but The English Rose's husband forgot to pick her up so we felt bad for her and took her home (he phoned home and apologised later). We went for lunch but the debit machine wasn't working and we only had enough cash for a sandwich/soup and no cake or tea (BOOOO). We had a look in a couple of shops and ended up talking to a fascinating lady about Granite (we are amazed that she made Granite such an interesting subject - we were in there for about 45 minutes).

We popped into a couple of grocery shops on the way home and picked up stuff for the weekend and came home for our much needed cup of tea.

The boys came home. Small had to go straight back out to record a play they were doing for Health so I took him to his friends house and came back and made pizza for dinner.

After dinner, Huffle and Smallest took Grandad off to meet Quiche at the pub. Oh Dear - what state will he get into tonight? Grandma has already banned him from coming into the loft this evening! Small had a shower and then the rest us watched TV. Huffle came back and dragged me off to The Tire to buy a new wheelbarrow, some sheep poo and a few plants.

At the point of writing Huffle had not picked up Grandad from the pub so I have no idea what state he was in.............

 

 

No comments: