Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bristol board

A much better nights sleep for everyone. Today was a beautifully sunny day with temperatures of 8*+. Tomorrow is supposed to be a scorching 16* wahooooo. I won't mention that it is due to snow on Sunday though. The boys went to school, Huffle bunked in the bunker and I went to aerobics. We did really well I think this week and seemed to get most of the moves down to pat. The floor and weights part was tough though, more aches yay!

I had a quick shower and grabbed my sewing stuff and picked up Suffolk (poor girl has had mouth/teeth work done and is struggling) and off we went for some more quilting tuition. The place wasn't quite ready for us as MrsSew had just had all her stuff delivered form the previous shop and there were boxes everywhere. We got our next bit done, cut and sewn and had a look at which materials we could use for our backing. It's all coming together beautifully now. All the mess there though reminded me that I really should be making a start on making the loft nice and cleaning the house ready for Grandma and Grandad's arrival.

When I got home, Huffle and I had five minutes sit on the porch (it possibly wasn't THAT warm but it was nice to catch a bit of late afternoon sunshine) and waited for the kids to get home. Smallest had a package so he opened that. It was a present from Aunt Pear. Invisible Pens, Robin Hood Game and some money. We played with the pens and then Smallest decided to write on Small and himself - THANKS AUNT PEAR (she said she was glad she lived so far away - ummmmm I wonder why).

I made a start on dinner while Smallest did his homework (fractions), a chore and played on his tablet and Small did a chore and played on his tablet. His fingers are still looking bad and he is walking with a limp (a slight exaggeration but he is holding them strangely). We Facetimed Moo and the boys told her their news and we chatted while I continued dinner.

While I was driving today I noticed something that made me laugh. I have lived for all of my life (minus 3 years) in England where the roads are wiggly and people manage to drive perfectly well (well mainly). Here the roads are straight and work in a grid system (which is great if you are geographically challenged like me). However, a road here, that was perfectly straight, has been made into a slight curve to accommodate a bigger road. Today I noticed that a new sign has gone up stating that the road curves. How funny is that? How many of those roads signs would there be in the UK to show a curvy road?

After dinner we played the new game that Smallest got for his birthday and I won (this is a very playable game and perfect for us, good for taking out too - thanks Aunt Pear). Huffle and Smallest played basketball and I checked out the garden to see if anything was growing. There are a few things starting to green up.

It was still quite cold so we came in and while the boys watched TV, Huffle and I made a start on cleaning the loft. We caught loads of ladybirds and put them in a container. One of the women at aerobics said she needed some as one of her plants had aphids. I called her but she didn't need them anymore. I let them go - hope they don't find their way back in!

 

 

 

No comments: