Thursday 23 April 2015

He thinks suncream is gay!

It was a cold day today, reminded me of Winter. We had a sprinkling of snow all over the ground when I woke up and a few little snow showers throughout the day.

After the boys went to school (still no coats brrrrrrrrrrrrrr - they think they are tough!) Grandad went out to the barn and despite the fact I told him it was too cold to climb the ladder, he went out with his Dooby Benny hat and climbed up to the guttering on the barn.

Huffle worked in the bunker and Grandma helped me with my sewing. I sewed my $10 square and she cut my quilt fabric for me to sew as the backing for my big quilt.

We happened to look out of the loft window and found Grandad precariously up a ladder, not holding on with no regard for his safety at all. Bad Grandad.

I went downstairs to tell him to use both hands whilst climbing the ladder and this was the response I got.

That's it, I'm selling him to Circe de Soleil

Midday we all got ready for an afternoon out (if you can call up to 3:30 all afternoon when we have to get back for the kids).

Our ready poses (just for CousinE in case you wondered) - it's what all the teens are doing you know!

We went out for dinner at a Fancy Shmancy restaurant I knew (obviously not as fancy as the one they all went to without me in Toronto and boy did I hear all about that one!!!! ;), but it was lovely.

TL: Grandad drinking Flying Monkey. TR: The big boys

ML: romance for you MrsB. MR: The girls duck faces

BL: a nice chianti. BR: prince and princess poggle of England

TL : My Northern Woods Lasagne. TR: Grandmas Chicken

BL: Huffle/Grandad's Rib Eye Sandwich and Sweet potato/tomato soup. BR: mine/Grandma's Flourless Chocolate Torte with Tahitian vanilla Ice Cream and Cherry Coulis.

After dinner we quickly zoomed around a local Garden Centre but we weren't impressed as all the perennials were outside and it was too cold to be out there. Grandma bought us a Lavendar to ward off the mosquitoes and I bought a tree. I enquired about snowdrops and was told "I don't know what a snowdrop is" and when they asked someone in charge they gave me some spiel about them being a fall bulb and that they were not popular enough to have them in pots and force them commercially like the daffodils. POOH!

They had turtles in there costing $40 each - I wasn't allowed one! On the way home Grandad was happy to see Halls Road.

We came home to find the boys already at home - poor boys (I don't think Smallest even noticed we weren't there, he was too busy playing basketball.

Grandad went straight up the ladder again and as soon as Huffle finished work he joined him! Just to prove how cold it was I saw an icicle on the bird house! We skyped HB as she had some good news. She has been offered a Masters Place. Clever girl. We are very proud of you HB, you have worked very hard. CousinPest has also found a place to live so he can work at Wimbledon again this year. Hurrah, we look forward to seeing you on TV this summer.

Grandma and the boys played on their tablets and I went out and made a bit more path around the side of the house. After the boys had their tea, they played MarioKart with Grandad. I didn't see it, but it sounded very funny.

Small has been offered a place on a trip to Montreal next Winter for four days and three nights with school, to do snowboarding and skate on the river. This will include many nighttime activities too. It sounds a fantastic opportunity and we await the forms to find out costs and itinerary.

 

Grandma was heard to say today "Well he wears a coon hat" and "he thinks suncream is gay". GRANDMA!

Huffle also said "You don't see many fat wild rabbits". Both statements are completely out of context and I can't even remember the conversations but both were funny in their own rights!

 

1 comment:

hayleysg said...

Thank you!
currently trying to finish this degree off now so I can focus on being excited for my masters
HB
xx