Friday 10 April 2015

I'm talking from an Artist's point of view, Peter Shut Up!

We had a thunder storm last night just as Huffle and I lay our heads on the pillow to sleep. I don't think it was much though because I fell asleep and Huffle did not disappear into the basement. However, at 6am there was another thunder and lightning storm which was very big and very loud. It woke the whole house. I tried to be sympathetic to Huffle and told him to go into the basement if he needed but he couldn't get down there and I couldn't be bothered to get up to go with him (sounds mean but half asleep Famfa does not function well). Grandma got up, followed soon after by Smallest. Underneath our bed (by that I mean the living room which is situated under our bedroom, not literally under our bed!) they began a lengthy discussion. Apparantly Grandma's voice wasn't working well, but we heard it good and clear. It seems the tone of her voice is the same as a loud snore, air conditioning, a distant train or low thunder. The tone that I always hear and struggle with whereas Huffle hears the higher pitched tones like house and car alarms, coyotes, dog whistles (I'm not sure about the last one ha!). We struggled to get back to sleep and Small soon followed Smallest and then came and officially awoke us at 7:30am. I DID NOT WANT TO GET UP!

After we waved the kids off to school, Huffle disappeared into the bunker and I left Grandma tidying the kitchen and Grandad emptying his few clothes from his case and putting them away. I went off to knitting and knit some more sock and helped MrsBasement with her sock. RudeTrude and Colly were there today so it was nice to catch up with them. Suffolk didn't come today so I met up with her at the pottery place with Jacq and we all picked up our pottery. We were suitably impressed with our own works and each other's and went and celebrated with a lovely lunch in a fabulous Cafe (AA we are definitely going there - they give art classes there too). I had a grown up Grilled Cheese (Gouda and Pear) with a cup of Roasted Red pepper and Tomato Soup and a slice of Lemon Cake with a cup of Raspberry White Tea. YUM YUM.

A bit rustic looking and I realise they are all kind of the same colour, but they are mine ;)

I got home in time for the boys coming off the bus. Smallest had a package from Aunty A which was very exciting. Edible Eyes for food and Brief Post it notes. He secretly put a message on Grandmas back (poo grandma you are smelly) when she thought he was cuddling her and I put one on Grandad's back (I am Dame Edna's love child).

Smallest scooted on the drive and played basketball with Small who was having a quick break from his huge pile of homework. Unfortunately Small fell over his own big feet and hurt his elbow and shoulder. A bit of sympathy and a freezer pack and all was well and homework resumed.

Huffle, Grandma and Grandad all went out to Downtown Torotno for a meal out and the Dame Edna Concert (hence the note on the back of Grandad). Smallest came in and did his homework too and I had a visit from ExerciseNic who wants me to draw her a huge flamingo for her little one's party.

Homework went well apart from the odd cry from Smallest who asked for my opinion and then refused to listen several times despite Small and I saying it in several different ways (clearly a tired boy).

The boys and I had Take Away Pizza which we trialed from the new pizza shop in the Hamlet in front of a film and English chocolate for afters. The pizza was very good and the film was about a zebra who thought he was a racehorse (ummmmmm). We had word from Huffle that they were in an Italian Restairant, that it was very good, though I wouldn't like it HA!, and that Dame Edna was dining in there after the performance. Also on the theatre, Grandad and Hiffle felt they were the only men who weren't "camp Freddie's". I begged to differ, thinking that they would both fit in perfectly. They wanted me to change the blog title to WE'RE THE ONLY STRAIGHTS IN THE THEATRE but I chose one from first thing this morning when Grandma was chatting about the film about the painter Turner. Grandad was saying how boring it was and Grandma turned to him and said "I'm talking from an Artist's point of view". She didn't say Shut up Peter but I could tell she was thinking it. And now a photo just for Mrs B (that's you Chris B in case you forgot your blog name)........

Apparantly this is the first of many

.....and here is a lovely one from Aunty Miaow showing the lovely Magnolia bush that we bought when Smallest was born (as it flowered on his birthday). We gave this bush to Aunty Miaow and Uncle Tuc before we left for Canada and today it is flowering. She was a little worried that the silly bush forgot when Smallest's birthday was. I'm just impressed it flowered anywhere near it to be honest. Smallest wasn't interested at all though. BOOOO.

 

 

No comments: