Saturday 25 April 2015

We've been drinking Sap!

Grandma and I saw this lovely old Fire Engine yesterday while we were out and about. Grandma has been criticising my photography lately, saying I need to think outside of the box. This photo, however, was a social photograph and one she felt showed a deep and profound insight into a bygone era (ps she was a bit drunk when she told me to write this - so Grandad said).

Last night it appears that Grandad behaved himself and came home in a relatively decent state although Grandma and I got bored of waiting up. Grandad was allowed into the loft. Quite disappointing really. This morning we applauded his behaviour, we also made him aware that we knew it was because he was firmly under Grandma's thumb!

Grandad and Quiche

After breakfast, we left the boys looking after Grandma (or was it the other way round?) and Huffle and I took Grandad to the Country Market. There, we purchased sandals for me, crocs for Grandad, laundry baskets for Grandma and Pokemon cards for the boys. (Grandad spoils those boys! - I have only just found out that they were given four bags of Wine Gums each, one bag has already been scoffed and the the other three have been hidden - though I have found two of them!).

Today we had beautiful sunshine with temperatures of 15*. Lovely and warm in the sunshine but still a bit cool when the wind blew. Mrs Rumbleskins sent me photos and videos of the hailstorm they had in Oz. wow, they are having some strange weather.

We took advantage of our weather and went to Mini (Crazy) Golf for 19 holes of hilarious activity. Unfortunately the up and down slopes and bridges did not agree with Grandmas ankle and she struggled a little. Smallest hit himself in the eye with a golf ball but he was being silly and trying to throw it through a tunnel! It hurt him a lot but he is fine now.

Huffle won. Grandma and Grandad came second (same score), me third and the boys trickled just behind. It was fun and we celebrated with ice cream.

Next we tried the batting cages. Huffle went first and hit a few homeruns, followed by Small and then Smallest. I went next but immediately hurt my shoulder (it felt like it came out of its socket and back in again). Grandad had a go, or I should call him Slugger.

We came home, Smallest rested him eye by playing basketball and swing ball followed by football. Grandma put her foot up to rest and I was left with a bag of peas. Smallest helped me to write the blog today but he kept adding bits so I took it off him.

Huffle played football with the kids and Grandad and I walked down to the bottom of th garden and made plans for rhubarb no more raspberries. We noticed one of th maples was leaking sap so we stopped to taste it. Me: it won't be poisonous will it? Grandad: NO! (I taste it) well I don't think so! We stood there catching the drips and tasting bits of it. It was very clear but tasted slightly sweet. We decided we would have a go at tapping it next year (I will make sure I get the appropriate spile and bucket).

Huffle and I went out to the Indian and left Grandma and Grandad babysitting. WAHOOOOOO! We had a fabulous dinner out.

 

 

No comments: