Thursday 30 April 2015

Is it appropriate to laugh?

Another beautiful day with temperatures of around 20* and sunshine all day. The boys went to school with suncream on despite the fact that no-one else in the whole of Canada puts suncream on this early in the year (so says Small). We had to have a conversation later about what is a responsible thing to do and what we say to people who laugh at us for wearing it!

Huffle bunkered and did a bit of gardening in his breaks. I went and picked up Suffolk and we went off to the sewing shop to hand in our $10 quilt squares. She didn't have a new one for us as the rest of the class is doing the robins that we did the first week. She has given us a month off and we will be given a more complicated one next time. We popped into a few shops and eventually stopped for lunch in a lovely Cafe where we had quiche and soup, a cup of tea and a slice of cake. We have not seen each other for a while so we had a good catch up and a laugh.

When I got home I did a bit of gardening and then boys came home. Smallest had a friend over to play and they shouted through the hedge at Otto and called him a madman and asked him about his smoking. I had to tell them off and made them shout SORRY (though I'm not sure he heard them). I told friends Dad when he collected him. Of course Smallest had nothing to do with it (though the friend knew we called him Otto and that he smoked weird stuff!).

Beautiful Bluebells
First Trillium leaves.
Small went to play at Log's house and I got the dinner. We all ate and then sat on the porch swatting mosquitoes away. Last night one bit me right on the bottom of my foot. Bloomin' things. I read an article in the paper today that said region (council) is putting pesticides in drains to try and control the mosquito larvae. Good, get rid of them!

 

P.s. Grandad - Huffle finished off the screen fixings tonight ollowing your excellent prototypes.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm off to Swithland Woods today bluebell hunting. Really looking forward to it x