Wednesday 8 April 2015

Last Day of Winter so says Wilberforce*

I thought I had been wrestling with elephants when I woke up this morning. My stomach was in agony. I was quite worried about it until Huffle reminded me I had played on the trampoline for an hour with the kids a couple of days ago. Oh yeah! Still, I dragged myself off for some wild exercising with ExerciseNic and the ladies. OUCH! Big hurts. I think she will be getting an email from me this week telling her how many aches I have. I did enjoy it though.

It has rained all day today and has been thoroughly miserable outside. Huffle emerged every now and then and did a fabulous job cleaning the bathroom that I never use (in other words, because I am not in and out of it I don't really see what state it is in. All boys shower in here and Small uses it mainly but after tomorrow he will be sharing it with Grandma and Grandad (who have arrived in London and will be hoteling overnight in order to catch their plane tomorrow).

I did some sweeping, mopping, washing and general tidying and attempted to undo some knitting. For some reason my sock is in a terrible mess. I am three quarters of the way finished and really don't want to have to rip it all out, so for now I am persevering with it.

It was so windy at one point during the day that the basketball net fell over (and that is very very heavy). I ran out to retrieve the two basketballs that flew across the road to DonNoQuoteys and then hoisted the net back up (securing it with a heavy salt bag).

Huffle and I had a very brief lunch together and I went out to get a tablecloth from the Dollar store. GOOD TIP - the fleecey side of the tablecloth stops material from slipping so is perfect for placing quilt pieces on that haven't been sewn together yet. I have a quilting session tomorrow morning. While I was out I checked out the Sale on Easter goodies (for some reason we lost our Easter Decorations). I managed to pick up lots of Easter eggs and some decorative ones too for next to nothing. This weekend we will be having another Easter Egg hunt for G&G.

The boys were not allowed out for recess at school today (which is exactly what Small told me would happen when I asked him to put his coat on this morning) so they were a but grumpy that they hadn't been out. They cleared their stuff away and played on tablets till dinner was ready.

Smallest had a new t-shirt sent for his birthday from Aunty Kat, Uncle Tuc and Little Yorkshire Pud

After dinner, the boys added more water to the basketball net in order to make it have a heavier bottom and then Huffle and Small went off to Basketball practice while Smallest and I tidied his bedroom. We did a fabulous job and the. Did some silly fill-ins in his book. Apparantly Small was playing five aside football tonight with five balls and five nets. Huffle said it was great fun but I can't really imagine it. Hope he got some photos.

 

 

Huffle informed me that today was officially the last day of Winter. I asked him who told him this and he skirted around the conversation, showed me the forecast and finally agreed (after blaming Wilberforce, whoever he is) that he made it up.

Looking good though!

 

No comments: