Thursday 9 April 2015

I don't like the font on the number plates*

Huffle and I struggled to get up this morning. It rained all day again and was quite foggy at times. It also felt cold (probably because it was wet!). Come on Spring let's be 'avin yer! I keep searching for those tulip bulbs but nothing yet.

The boys went off to school (Small with no coat because he wouldn't be allowed out) but both now in trainers, snow boots firmly tucked in the corner. Huffle was in his bunker mainly on the phone.

I went off to sewing and sewed my borders on. Looking impressive now (I think I can say that considering all the hard work). Once again, it was the placing of things that took the most time. I also chose my backing material and edging. It's so big now!

Suffolk had a school meeting so I came home and had lunch. I have been watching BBC's Back in Time for Dinner. It is fascinating. One family's home has been transformed into a 1950's home and they can only eat what was available in that time. Everyday they skip a year. I am now watching the 1970's. It is amazing how things changed so rapidly.

I chatted to Moo on FaceTime and Huffle went to the airport to pick up Grandma and Grandad. I went out for a walk to get some air and bumped into ClownRose who informed me she was pregnant and expecting in August. Also BabyMo starts school in September. Wow, time flies. I didn't get much of a walk because I saw the school bus so Smallest and I went for a scoot/walk and left Small at home. When we got back I asked Small if he liked being home alone. He said it was a bit boring (that was because he had to eat his Apple from his school lunch and wasn't on his gadgets no doubt!).

The kids played on the computer/tablet while I made dinner and we waited for everyone else to get back.

Finally they arrived in the rain. Lots of hugs and smiles and a warming cup of tea. We had dinner before their cases were opened to reveal the huge haul they had bought us.

Wow no clothes for them then.

The boys looking through Grandad's photos.

 

* Grandma's comment on seeing the licence plates on the cars. "They look French!".

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you have jobs for grandad today or have you given him a days grace before the list comes out?