Monday 13 April 2015

There's not even a PH in wheelbarrow!

A fabulous 20*, warm weather but a little dull. We had rain forecast but I didn't see any until the evening. The boys went to school, one with a coat and one without. Huffle shuffled between bunker and kitchen and garden (still working though).

Grandma, Grandad and I went man shopping. We didn't go out looking to buy a man, we went into a MAN SHOP and looked at screws and drill bits and stuff like that. Grandma bought a window cleaning set as she was disgusted by our lack of clean windows (after Huffle and I spent so long cleaning them before they arrived as well - some people are never satisfied). When she starts cleaning them (she wants to do the Sun Room windows which I'm not sure have EVER been cleaned properly) I will be sure to take a photo. We bought more paint for Grandad's green project and some screws and drill bits to fix the mesh screens in place and came home. We gave Grandad the option to come Grocery shopping with us but he declined so we came back for lunch and left him with his paint while Grandma and I shopped for food.

After putting the shopping away and a brief cup of tea we started on soup for dinner. Grandma and I made up a new accompaniment to go with the soup called Wilskins which was a Rosemary Focaccia Garlic Cheesey Bread (ummmmmm).

Smallest went and checked on Grandad when he got home and the boys played on the trampoline and then their tablets. Small had his piano lesson first as Grandad and I took him to Archery with the Scouts and Smallest had his Piano and soup later and went off to Beavers where they learnt about Yoga.

Shortly aft I took this photo, Grandad chopped a tree down

It was raining when we arrived at the Archery Range. All the scouts helped to get the place ready and I was in charge of collecting names of people who were there. The Cubs and scouts were given instruction and we were then locked in the room for Health and Safety reasons. Small did really well apart from when he tried the Adult Bow. Grandad and I were the balloon blower uppers for the scouts to use as their targets.

Grandad and I got to have a go. I was a bit scared with the first bow and Grandad called me Maid Marion as my arrow missed the target and went over the top. My second one missed too but my third hit just next to the outside line. Grandad's hit the red (next to the bullseye). He's done it before obviously.

We came home and the sky was spectacular. It was very "Dorothy" and eerie.

Smallest had learnt how to do the cobra in yoga and brought back some Maple Syrup from one of the Beavers trees. No-one is allowed to eat it except for him on his pancakes (I won't tell him I have already dipped my finger in then).

 

 

No comments: