Friday 17 April 2015

Digging up Pauline

Grandad's preferred breakfast

Boys went to school - no jackets required. Huffle bunkered. Grandma prepared dinner. Grandad painted. I went to knitting and picked up the English Rose on the way. There was a full table today and I managed to almost finish the first of HB's sock (maybe she won't have to wait until next year for the second). I took ER home and then had lunch with Suffolk where I helped her undo and correct her knitting. We had a lovely lunch and a good chat and then I came home.

Grandad had finished yet another pot of paint (no2) and was working on compost corner. Grandma was still preparing dinner and Huffle had planted up some seeds and repotted the seedlings I bought home from the nursery.


I helped Grandad as he fitted a door to compost corner and we dug over the corner bit and added soil to the top of the compost to hold the leaves down and create a layer. Grandad found a tiny buried doll and added her to his creation. We called her Pauline.

I think Pauline needs a bath! Grandad is very pleased with his work, his compost sign and his new best friend Pauline (she's blonde, leggy and doesn't answer back).

The boys came home and Small's friend Log came over and they played on the trampoline and Wii. After Huffle finished work he made a start redefining the border on the front garden. Grandad and I visited the Beer Store and got some supplies. He was amazed at how many cars are left outside with their engines running but that's what they do here - very trusting.

We all had dinner which was lovely. Huffle, the boys and I played basketball Bump again and then the boys and Huffle played football.

Grandma, Grandad and I watched from the sun room but Grandma was forced inside as the mosquitoes were eating her.

 

 

No comments: