Sunday 12 April 2015

Easter Sunshine

We decided to stay in today and enjoy the best day of the year so far. The temperature was 16* with a beautiful blue sky and unending sunshine. Most of the day was spent outside. Grandad painted the trellis by the veggie garden, Huffle cleared and put out solar lights. The boys played football and Grandma and I organised an Easter Egg hunt. No clues this time (unless they were struggling) but we did take note of where we had hidden the eggs in case there were some left behind.

We all stopped for a cup of tea on the porch and an Easter treat and then there was football and redesigning of the garden (by Grandma and her IPad).

Smallest and I cycled to the beer store to get beer and then to the post box to post a card. Grandma and Huffle made dinner, Grandad finished painting and we all ate and then played a game of S'Quarrels.

Everyone went back on to the garden after an ice cream (first of many I am sure) and played football while Grandma skyped Madame Courvoisier.

We all joined Grandad on the porch and sunned ourselves. Smallest made a plan of the House and garden - he included a bar and a pipe to the sewer for Grandad, a servant and a footstool for Grandma, a never ending supply of coffee and a lounger for me. A chocolate river, a pool and a tent for the boys. A cherry coke machine and a chill out area for Huffle. It was very spectacular.

The mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. I know I have been bitten a few times and Grandad has been bitten once (that he knows of). I also got a bit of sunburn which is ridiculous as I have been wearing a long sleeve top and long trousers all day. It managed to sneak in between my top and my uncovers neck. Aaarrrggghhhh.

 

No comments: