Thursday 16 April 2015

Are you related?

A beautiful sunny day. Huffle worked in the bunker for the morning only and then we all went out in the afternoon.

Grandma and I watched Poldark whilst eating our breakfast. Grandad took down the old rusted guttering from the barn and did a bit more painting and I made a start on laying the new path at the side of house.

The Olds, Huffle and I then went for a lovely lunch/dinner where I sampled the new beer made in Port Perry (very slurpable). We then drove around and visited three garden centres. The first one was a nice set up but had no perennials at all (maybe getting some next week). The second one was one we have passed many times but never visited, they too had no perennials but were expecting a delivery on Tuesday. The third one was the most eccentric and can really only be described as a shack. There were not many plants but they probably get more due to all the tables out the front. It was also a market shop and we were hoping we would get Grandma some pudding from here. We encountered the owner who was Italian and liked to talk A LOT. He asked if Grandma and I were related as we looked alike. He said Huffle was a good man but was shy. He told me that Grandad was a good man and I should keep him. He talked about Fish and Chip shops, Italy, London and Football teams. He had no idea where Leicester was or that they had a football team - how dare he! As we were leaving (we did buy a big jar of local honey and a couple of packets of seeds) he shouted "Mama, mama" and handed Grandma a small rose. Awwwwwww she was pleased. She wanted to put it in our sun room until it died but Grandad planted it next to a yellow rose we already have (if it has survived the winter).

We also visited HillBilly ZimmerStore

When the boys came home we all had an ice cream on the porch.

Huffle asked me yesterday about clearing the leaves form the front garden but I said it didn't need to done as the leaves were good for the soil. Today he told me Grandad thought we should clear them. I tried to disagree but in the end we did it despite being bitten several times by those blasted mosquitoes. I have to say (and I say it through gritted teeth) that the garden does look much better without the dead leaves on it. There is plenty of new life coming through and lots of green. We are hoping a few daffodils will be out soon as they are shooting through nicely. There seems to be plenty of tulip leaves.

Lots of trips to compost corner and tools put away and we finally came in. The boys had dinner (made by Grandma) and then Huffle, the boys and I played football and BUMP (a basketball game that Snall did last night).

 

 

No comments: