Tuesday 28 April 2015

Departing Dinosaurs

Huffle had to leave early this morning in order to go to the office, have many meetings and meet his new boss. Apparently she was 'normal' and seemed nice. There were tears and hugs as he left this morning from Grandma (never easy) and then she had to deal with it all over again when the boys left for school.

It was a beautiful day today with temperatures reaching 21* and very sunny. Our first daffodil of the season came out today.

After breakfast we skyped Moo who was busy showing us what she had found in her loft. My dolls I had as a child, a Sindy doll and clothes and Sindy furniture (worth a bit as is classed as Vintage despite my junior years) but we think we will hang on to it for a few more years. It was funny as she scared Grandad with one of the dolls - he thought it was freaky! He also tried to get her to put a hat on so he could take a photo but she wouldn't.

Grandad and I went off to the Nursery as I wasn't sure my message about not working today had got through. It hadn't! MrsM mentioned that we might be going to the Royal York next week and I told her Aunty A was here but it went over her head. I wonder if Aunty A would want to go and whether she would be allowed to go? We managed to snaffle a couple of pallets too and Grandad stored them away in his Grandad Cave. While we were outside we visited 'Pauline' (Grandads dug up girlfriend from compost corner). She had climbed a tree while he wasn't watching so Grandad taught her a lesson! We put her back in her place for when he returns (I hoe she doesn't do too much walking between now and then).

I had a tidy and a sweep and then the three of us (Grandma and Grandad and I, not Pauline) went to a local Bakery where we sat outside in the sunshine and had a lovely lunch. I bought soup and cakes for the boys and Huffle's dinner and the three of us went for a drive to a nearby lake where we had ice cream outside. We had another near miss today when a car in front was weaving all over the road and then got into the lane to turn left but pulled in front of me as soon as the lights changed. I honked good and loud but they still drove like an idiot.

Back home, quick cup of tea, a weigh of the cases, some petrol and then we were on our way to the airport. It took over an hour and was quite slow but at least it was moving. We parked, went in, found the checking desk, got rid of bags and I sent them packing through their gate after some hugs. It doesn't get any easier saying Goodbye but we did have a lovely visit with them. I hope they had as much fun as we did and I know the boys absolutely loved having them here. After all, Grandad is the best Grandad in the whole wide world (and their only one he he). After a bit of hide and seek and wave, I left them and drove home.

Grandad's jobs.

It took nearly two hours to get home - the traffic was horrendous. Moving but very very slowly. I was watching some of the cars and the way they switched from lane to lane. I kept a note of some of the cars that did this and noted that they mainly moved no further forward than me despite the fact I stayed where I was. Silly Billies. As I was nearing home a car (possibly the twentieth that trip) pushed in between me and the car in front (I like to leave room in case of stopping which happened a lot). I shook my fist at him and he shook his back and we both laughed. Bloody stupid drivers!!!! No wonder there are so many accidents.

When I got home, Small was home alone playing on his tablet with strict instructions not to answer the door. We played a couple of games of Cluedo while Smallest and Huffle were at swimming. The boys watched TV before bed and Huffle and I relaxed in front of the TV. Hard work this visitor lark. Oh well, we have a break now for four days.

 

 

 

No comments: